× Members

DLA

More
8 years 6 months ago #146698 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic DLA
Thank you Gordon

So would it be acceptable for me to write something like, very often it takes me 40 minutes to finish a meal 4 times a day and 20 minutes to drink and cut up food 4 times a day? Does this sound ok. I'm so fed up with this now I can't even take things in because of the way everything is worded. I don't know what I would do without your help.

Jessica

Gordon wrote:

Jessica wrote: Hi

I am still filling in my DLA Review.
I am at the question asking how long each time in minutes I need help with food or drink. Can I just write it varies rather than giving an exact number or do they want a number?

Thank you
Jessica

You do need to explain the time required as DLA awards are based on the amount of care you need and this is calculated from the time you put on the form. If it varies then explain this and give examples of the time for each example of how you are effected.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #146708 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Thank you Gordon

So would it be acceptable for me to write something like, very often it takes me 40 minutes to finish a meal 4 times a day and 20 minutes to drink and cut up food 4 times a day? Does this sound ok. I'm so fed up with this now I can't even take things in because of the way everything is worded. I don't know what I would do without your help.

Jessica

Yes, that sounds fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146923 by Tigerlily11
Thank you very much Gordon for all your help and Happy Christmas to you all.

Jessica
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
8 years 3 months ago #152688 by Tigerlily11
Hi everyone

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who helped me fill in a DLA review form. I just got news today that I am getting the correct rated for the correct time so nothing will change. I get high mobility and high care indefinitely. This has been a very stressful time and if it were not for all you moderators I do not think I would have coped. You all do an amazing job. I think I was even more anxious because of how long it took before I had a decision. I am very grateful also that I did not need to have a medical.

Jessica

More
8 years 3 months ago #152719 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Hi everyone

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who helped me fill in a DLA review form. I just got news today that I am getting the correct rated for the correct time so nothing will change. I get high mobility and high care indefinitely. This has been a very stressful time and if it were not for all you moderators I do not think I would have coped. You all do an amazing job. I think I was even more anxious because of how long it took before I had a decision. I am very grateful also that I did not need to have a medical.

Jessica

Congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #152730 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA
That's great news Jessica! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.