× Members

DLA

More
8 years 4 months ago #146087 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic DLA
Thank you Gordon, I really appreciate all your help.

Jessica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146134 by Tigerlily11
Hi

I am filling in my DLA Review form and I'm having a bit of trouble with question 28 and 30.

Q.28 Do you need someone with you to guide you or supervise you when walking outdoors in unfamiliar places?

Q.30 Is there anything else you want to tell us to help us understand the help you need with walking outdoors?

Should I just state the same for both answers or am I missing the point?

Thank you for any help.
Jessica

More
8 years 4 months ago #146137 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Hi

I am filling in my DLA Review form and I'm having a bit of trouble with question 28 and 30.

Q.28 Do you need someone with you to guide you or supervise you when walking outdoors in unfamiliar places?

Q.30 Is there anything else you want to tell us to help us understand the help you need with walking outdoors?

Should I just state the same for both answers or am I missing the point?

Thank you for any help.
Jessica

Q28 is specifically about problems you would have leaving your house and following a route, the areas it considers are mental health problem, cognitive issues or problems with your sight that would limit your ability to do this.

Question 30 is a general question about problems you have with walking.

So you might include more detail about question 28 in your reply to question 30 but the reverse would not be true.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146147 by Tigerlily11
Thank you very much Gordon, I really appreciate all your help.

Jessica

More
8 years 4 months ago #146199 by Tigerlily11
Hi

On my DLA review it asks me how often I need help walking indoors, going up or downstairs, getting in or out of a chair. etc. Should I ignore giving an exact number in the boxes and write a summary in the box below. My day differs so I'm not sure. I know it says I can do that in the DLA notes but would this go against me if I have not ticked a box?

Thank you
Jessica

More
8 years 4 months ago #146213 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

Jessica wrote: Hi

On my DLA review it asks me how often I need help walking indoors, going up or downstairs, getting in or out of a chair. etc. Should I ignore giving an exact number in the boxes and write a summary in the box below. My day differs so I'm not sure. I know it says I can do that in the DLA notes but would this go against me if I have not ticked a box?

Thank you
Jessica

Doing this should not be a problem just make sure that actually answer the question and try and keep it simple, so if your conditions fluctuate;

- for X days a week I am at my worst and can only do A, B and C
- for Y days a week my condition Is average and I can do D, E and F
- for Z days a week I am at my best and can do G, H and I.

as an example.

The more complicated you make your examples the more difficult it will be for the assessor and DM to work out how much you are effected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.