× Members

Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153375 by Bax
Hi,

Brown envelope came through yesterday out of the blue to make a claim for my wife for PIP from DLA.
I do all the forms for her which is not ideal as I work in a fairly stressful environment.
She is registered blind, has palindromic arthritis & needs to wear 2 hearing aids.
Like everyone else I am dreading the whole procedure, what`s worse is we are expecting to have to renew her ESA support group claim shortly as well as that runs out this year.
Been on the RNIB site to look for some help but most of their info requires `office` which we dont have.
Was wondering if there was any info available on site re - blind people`s claims for PIP or if anyone could help source info elsewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153377 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
Hi Bax and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You have my sympathy - I am also going through DLA/PIP migration and reassessment of my ESA and can attest that it is no fun!

As long as you comply with any timescales set by DWP, your wife's DLA will continue until 4 weeks after the PIP decision is made.

Our PIP guides are general, they do not deal specifically with any one condition. However, it is the needs associated with the condition/s that will lead to the award of PIP so you should find plenty of info here. PIP is very different from DLA. It is more like ESA in that eligibility for the award is based on points scored. I suggest you have a read of our PIP guide and then reply to this message with any specific questions or comments.

PIP help for claimants

Members, especially those with sensory impairments, are also welcome to post of their experiences,

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your wife's PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153419 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
Many thanks for the reply & your sentiments Mrs Hurtyback,
Have bookmarked this topic in my browser as requested.
Notice the site has one member named Petrocelli which I thought was quite apt & made me laugh at the same time.
Given the circumstances that folks need to make claims under these days, I am sure some of us could qualify as Philadelphia Lawyers :)
Reading through some of the forum yesterday Its clear not much has changed in the way disabled people are being treated by this government over the past 3 years since I made my wife`s claim for ESA.
One thing that stuck however is that having your claim looked at by someone who takes a pride in their job and does it right, is equally as important as giving them as much information about the claimant as possible, things seem to be pot luck in this regard.
There can be nothing more soul destroying for claimants who have perhaps taken weeks to prepare a case as meticulously as possible only for it to be treated with contempt at the other end by an employee who is not motivated, or worse, just hopeless at what they do.
The extra stress this causes many claimants & relatives is akin to being almost criminal.
I can assure you all, If I feel at any point someone at their end is making things more difficult than they need to be, I for one wont be sugaring it up for them.
I will begin the process on Monday with the phone call, after I have done some research over the weekend and will of course keep the site informed as we attempt to progress the claim.
Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
8 years 1 month ago #153424 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
As you say Bax, the final result seems to be down to the 'luck' of getting a good assessor/decision maker - which is not how it should be! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153428 by michael buckley
Replied by michael buckley on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
I am also registered blind wear hearing aids to both ears and have severe osteoarthritis and waiting for the brown letter for the dla to pip transfer.so I also would be interested if any members have similar conditions and passed over to play with any success .

More
8 years 1 month ago #153459 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
No downloadable questionnaire form available for PIP from DWP to practice on, is this correct?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.