× Members

Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154860 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
Bax

Losing points for using aids has now been taken off the table, that's what all the hooha in the Commons for the last week has been about.

As to using the aids. The DWP can assume the use of aids to help the claimant complete an activity. As an example; a claimant says he is unable to prepare cook a simple meal due to problems with his hands which mean he struggles to grip things and can't lift heavy objects like a pan of water.

The DWP will say that he can use a gripper on the worktop to hold vegetable while he peals them, a peeler or a knife with a large handle will ease the problem of holding things and reduce the issues they have with grip. There's no need to carry filled pans, the pan can be placed on the hob empty and then filled with water using a jug that is small enough that it is not a problem lifting it when full. When cooked the food can be removed from the saucepan using a slotted spoon, so again there is no need to lift the pan of now hot water.

You need to show that the use of aids does not allow to reliably complete the activity on the majority of days.

So again using the above example; perhaps you also have pain in your hands so even holding a peeler would be an issue, you could fill the pan but you have poor spatial awareness and burning yourself would be a significant possibility, you have a history of having burns treated at your surgery.

The guide explains the sort of aids that could be considered for each activity, think of all the problems you would have using them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154903 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
Thanks Gordon,

More
8 years 1 month ago #154973 by Gloriabendita
Replied by Gloriabendita on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
I have an indefinite higher mobility component award from DLA dating back to around 1996 and have received the invitation letter to migrate to PIP. I use this to lease a car from motability, without which I would be lost, although it is my husband that drives it in the main,

In relation to this, I dont really understand this answer Mrs Hurtyback.

Are you saying instead of initiating the migration claim by phone resulting in the form being sent out by DWP as per the invitation letter one can download and print off the sample and attach a word document with the answers.
Confused - it doesnt give any other option on the invitation letter but to make the claim by telephone to 0800 917 2222

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.

Gloriabendita wrote: I have an indefinite higher mobility component award from DLA dating back to around 1996 and have received the invitation letter to migrate to PIP. I use this to lease a car from motability, without which I would be lost, although it is my husband that drives it in the main,

In relation to this, I dont really understand this answer Mrs Hurtyback.

Are you saying instead of initiating the migration claim by phone resulting in the form being sent out by DWP as per the invitation letter one can download and print off the sample and attach a word document with the answers.
Confused - it doesnt give any other option on the invitation letter but to make the claim by telephone to 0800 917 2222

Welcome to the forum.

Mrs H is referring to someone completing the PIP2 form where the information they wish to provide is greater than the space on the form allows.

You must use the PIP2 form sent to you by the DWP as it has a unique bar code on every page.

As you are new to this, I would recommend that you have a look at our PIP Claim guide on the following link, it explains the claim process as well as how to complete the PIP2 based on your problems.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You need to be aware that PIP has very different criteria from DLA and the assessment process is also very different.

If you have any further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Gloriabendita

More
8 years 1 month ago #155185 by Bax
Phoned the DWP the other day to begin the PIP 1 process.
Could`nt really leave it much longer as time had almost run out.
Have to say we are fairly concerned with the lack of recent professional evidence available to us at this time concerning this particular claim.
The DWP person on the other side of the phone was cordial enough during the 20 mins or so that we were on.
The DWP person asked for a phone number, I gave them our land line number without thinking.
Not long after the call was ended I received a text on my mobile?
Could`nt understand how they could have access to that number as I had`nt offered it.
That was until I looked over the ESA forms we had submitted almost 3 yrs ago.
My mobile number was the only one that I had offered back then so they obviously had our ESA details to hand.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #156080 by Bax
This activity is about your ability to get on with other people socially when you are face-to-face with them.

Where it states face to face does that mean mixing with one person only or can it be in a group situation one person at a time?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.