× Members

Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160608 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.

Bax wrote: Hi,

Wife received an appointment for a PIP assessment later this month 84 mile round trip, expenses can be claimed back at 25p per mile.
Considering asking for it to be recorded but Id need to buy a couple of tape recorders, cheapest I can source online are around £30 each, what are the benefits are of having it recorded?

Are the benefits clearly defined, I'm afraid not!

It's reasonable to assume that the assessor will be more accurate in the details that they enter into the computer system to detail the assessment, but this may simply be relative and does not guarantee a good assessment.

In principle the information can used for an MR or Appeal, but whether it is actually usable will depend on those reviewing the claim, although it is not a thing that would necessarily reported, I know of only three occasions where a recording was used as evidence at an appeal.

That said, given the choice (and the money) I would opt for a recording if I could, whether anybody has interest in the recording or not, if you don't have one they can't consider it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160633 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic Invitation to claim PIP from DLA.
Thanks Gordon,

Could you direct me to the B&W guides on FTF assessments please.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160646 by Gordon

Bax wrote: Thanks Gordon,

Could you direct me to the B&W guides on FTF assessments please.

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bax

More
7 years 11 months ago #160677 by Bax
Ordered the recording gear 2nd hand & gave Atos prior notice that we were requesting a recording.of the assessment later this month
I was informed the request would be relayed to the centre in question and that they would get back in touch if there were any problems.
Asked if they could send written confirmation of the request but this was denied.
Just wondering how we would progress if we turned up on the day and were not allowed to record?

More
7 years 11 months ago #160679 by Gordon

Bax wrote: Ordered the recording gear 2nd hand & gave Atos prior notice that we were requesting a recording.of the assessment later this month
I was informed the request would be relayed to the centre in question and that they would get back in touch if there were any problems.
Asked if they could send written confirmation of the request but this was denied.
Just wondering how we would progress if we turned up on the day and were not allowed to record?

You have no legal right to insist that the assessment is recorded and it does require the assessor to agree, so if you get there and permission is refused for any reason then you have two choices, continue without recording or cancel the appointment and wait for a new one.

However, you can only cancel once without fault and you need to be aware that the recording being denied is not Good Cause for failing to participate if your file is returned to the DWP.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bax

More
7 years 10 months ago #161393 by Bax
FTF done recently, absolute joke with Atos.

Female HP, all sweetness and light, tried to get the wife to submit to a eye test along with other physical tests.

Informed her she should`nt really be asking for an eye test where a certificate of blindness had been submitted, that went down like a lead balloon.

She took the huff after that lol, never even let on I was there, oh dear, where`s me MP?

Carve up / discredit job.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.