× Members

Help applying for PIP Depression & Agoraphobia

More
7 years 10 months ago #161103 by Gordon
Marie

PIP Decisions are currently taking at least 8 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: marieukxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161105 by slugsta
Hi Marie,

I'm glad that bit is behind you now!

We have given up trying to guess the possible outcome from the way the face2face went, so I will keep my fingers firmly crossed on your behalf for a few more weeks!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: marieukxx

More
7 years 10 months ago #161124 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic Help applying for PIP Depression & Agoraphobia
Thanks. I will just have to see. I will let you guys know when I find out.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161132 by marieukxx
The more I think the more I realise I messed up my face to face. She asked me questions but I forgot some things that have just come back to me. My brain is like a fog on my tablets I take and I am so forgetful. She asked when the agoraphobia was dignosed and I remember now and I remember the medication they gave me to try and help the anxiety going out. She did ask that and I forgot and just said I didn't know if I had been officially diagnosed and never had any medication for it.

I forgot a fair few things I should have mentioned. I hope that whoever makes the decision really reads what I wrote on my form as I took my time with that doing it bit by bit over 2 weeks.

For anyone reading this thread I do suggest you take some notes for a face to face. I should have as in the moment I couldn't think.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161153 by Gordon

Marie wrote: The more I think the more I realise I messed up my face to face. She asked me questions but I forgot some things that have just come back to me. My brain is like a fog on my tablets I take and I am so forgetful. She asked when the agoraphobia was dignosed and I remember now and I remember the medication they gave me to try and help the anxiety going out. She did ask that and I forgot and just said I didn't know if I had been officially diagnosed and never had any medication for it.

I forgot a fair few things I should have mentioned. I hope that whoever makes the decision really reads what I wrote on my form as I took my time with that doing it bit by bit over 2 weeks.

For anyone reading this thread I do suggest you take some notes for a face to face. I should have as in the moment I couldn't think.

I would try and avoid second guessing how the assessment went, we all have a plan of what we want to say going in and realise when we leave how much we left out, it doesn't mean that the assessment went badly, just that we are human and often forget things in times of stress.

Gordon

More
7 years 10 months ago #162059 by marieukxx
Hi guys,

I just got my decision letter through just now and I have been awarded the standard rate for daily living!!! That is what I was hoping for with my conditions. I didn't expect mobility at all so that's fine. I was shocked to read the amount going in that's been backdated to when I applied. I just never expected to get it. This has made me feel a lot more secure and taken a bit of the financial worries away.

This forum and the guides were inavaluable so thank you all so much. Especially Gordon and MrsHurtyback. It did help that I was lucky enough to have a very sympathetic assessor and she did understand my problems. She even rang my doctors surgery to get me more help as I have really been struggling lately and my new GP is useless. I am now going to be seeing a psychiatrist which I really do need to do.

I've been awarded PIP until 2018. It's not too long but I am happy with that.

When I applied for PIP I was sent an ESA review at the same time which I haven't heard back about yet. Hopefully that will be ok too.

Thanks so much guys for the support and the wonderful guides. I hope this thread will help someone else in a similar situation to me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.