× Members

Help applying for PIP Depression & Agoraphobia

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155381 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic Help applying for PIP Depression & Agoraphobia
Really? So even still in the WRAG group my money wouldn't be cut? All this time since I found out about the cuts I've been stressing!!!! I honestly never even knew that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155383 by marieukxx
samedifference1.com/2016/03/03/why-the-3...-existing-claimants/

I just read this. What I don't understand is how I will be affected when it comes to Universal Credit. Will the ESA forms be scrapped and new forms be given out to claim Universal Credit? I can't bear the thought of filling in another set of forms and changing it all to something else again.

• bro58
8 years 3 weeks ago #155389 by bro58

Marie wrote: samedifference1.com/2016/03/03/why-the-3...-existing-claimants/

I just read this. What I don't understand is how I will be affected when it comes to Universal Credit. Will the ESA forms be scrapped and new forms be given out to claim Universal Credit? I can't bear the thought of filling in another set of forms and changing it all to something else again.

Hi M,

Not all current ESA recipients will be taken under The UC Umbrella, if it ever happens, only IR ESA recipients.

CB ESA will remain a standalone "benefit" !!

UC is "miles" behind schedule, and currently there are only two pilot schemes in the London area where a "New claimant may claim UC rather than ESA.

At the current rate of people being taken under UC it is estimated that it would take a further 72 years to get all existing legacy benefit claimants under UC.

As far as I am aware, there will be some Transitional Protection for claimants being taken under The UC umbrella, if/when it happens.

See : This Post

Remember, UC was IDS's "baby" and he has gone !!!

So, in the mid-long term I would not worry about UC !!

bro58

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155396 by marieukxx
cheers thanks for that. I can't belive all this time I was stressing about my money going down in 2017 and it's not. Thanks for the advice. I did finish the forms and I'm getting them posted tomorrow. I will let you know how I get on but I doubt I will get the PIP but I'm hoping to be placed in the support group for ESA this time after 7 years.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155584 by marieukxx
The form was sent back yyesterday via first class recorded and signed for today. I don't hold out much hope for PIP to be honest but it's worth trying for it. I will let you know how I get on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #159728 by marieukxx
I finally got a letter and have to have a face to face assessment. It's being done by ATOS at a chiropracters. I did ask for a home assessment on the form as I am agoraphobic but obviously this was ignored. I'm stressing out about it. I haven't been out the house since a doctors appointment months ago. Luckily the place is literally right near the bottom of my road with a car park right next to it. My dad is going to drive me and come in with me.

I'm a bit worried that someone with no knowdledge of mental health issues is probably doing the assessment. I'm dreading going out as last time I went to the doctors I was worse than ever. He was running late so I was sat there waiting, shaking and sweating buckets. I had tears in my eyes and was trying not to burst out crying. I just kept focusing on a tv they have there with local adverts on it.

I keep reading about all the things they do to try and trip you up. My appointment is at 9am and due to my depression I don't even get out of bed till late afternoon. Usually 3pm. I put this on the form. They know I can't go out yet didn't give me an at home assessment. I will force myself to go but the fact is I go out when I absolutely have to very rarely. I will go months and months without stepping foot outside my door. I'm just stressed about the whole thing.

I'll let you know what the desision is when I find out. Sorry for going on but it's just a stress.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.