× Members

Help applying for PIP Depression & Agoraphobia

More
8 years 1 month ago #153933 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic Help applying for PIP Depression & Agoraphobia
I ave plucked up enough courage to ring and go through the first step. I will let you know how I get on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155010 by marieukxx
I just got the forms through to fill in for PIP. I assumed I would have something like 4 weeks to fill them in but the form is dated 15th March when I rang to apply for it and says it must be returned by 15th April!!! I only just got it through today. Is that normal practice?

I had an ESA reassement form to fill in instead which I have just about finished and that's due back the same time. That came 2 days after applying for PIP.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #155028 by Gordon

Marie wrote: I just got the forms through to fill in for PIP. I assumed I would have something like 4 weeks to fill them in but the form is dated 15th March when I rang to apply for it and says it must be returned by 15th April!!! I only just got it through today. Is that normal practice?

I had an ESA reassement form to fill in instead which I have just about finished and that's due back the same time. That came 2 days after applying for PIP.

Unfortunately the four weeks to complete the PIP2 often includes the time it takes to get to you, you can contact the DWP and ask for a two week extension, the number to call is on the letter that cam with the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marieukxx

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155042 by marieukxx
That's a bit unfair as it's taken long enough to get here. My head isd mashed with having to fill in the ESA reassessment form at the same time. I just managed to finish it. I will have to start on this PIP form now. It's just a lot of stress. God knows how I will cope if I have two medicals at the same time.

It's a big old form as well. Dreading this one.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155349 by marieukxx
Well 3 questions left to go and the form will be finisehd. I intend to send it off on Monday. The more I read online though the more I think I am wasting my time applying for it. I have agoraphobia and depression but from what I read these things get overlooked when it comes to PIP.

I was in two minds whether to bother finishing the form and posting it but I've mostly done it so I had just as well send it. The thought of the assessment is terrifying for me and I don't know why I am putting myself through this stress.

I have a new doctor as mine retired and I tried to get a list of my medications to send with the form. It took 4 requests and me in tears on the phone to the recptionist to get a doctor to actually do it. Then when my dad picked it up and showed me it had my tablets for depression and anxiety which I am on tha maximum doeses for and have been since 2006 down as "occassional medications"!!!! I rang up in a state crying this was a joke. It's just all really setting my anxiety off so bad.

I have now been forced to make an appointment to see my new doctor who knows nothing about me just to ensure he knows my history and will respond correctly if contacted about the PIP or my ESA renewal. being agoraphobis this is a nightmare for me and I am dreading Monday. It seems they don't look back at my records and he has no clue about my issues!!! My old doctor was a star and had known me from a child.

I'm not hopeful at all that I will get PIP. I am on the WRAG group for ESA which is being cut so god knows how I am going to live.

• bro58
8 years 3 weeks ago #155377 by bro58

Marie wrote: Well 3 questions left to go and the form will be finisehd. I intend to send it off on Monday. The more I read online though the more I think I am wasting my time applying for it. I have agoraphobia and depression but from what I read these things get overlooked when it comes to PIP.

I was in two minds whether to bother finishing the form and posting it but I've mostly done it so I had just as well send it. The thought of the assessment is terrifying for me and I don't know why I am putting myself through this stress.

I have a new doctor as mine retired and I tried to get a list of my medications to send with the form. It took 4 requests and me in tears on the phone to the recptionist to get a doctor to actually do it. Then when my dad picked it up and showed me it had my tablets for depression and anxiety which I am on tha maximum doeses for and have been since 2006 down as "occassional medications"!!!! I rang up in a state crying this was a joke. It's just all really setting my anxiety off so bad.

I have now been forced to make an appointment to see my new doctor who knows nothing about me just to ensure he knows my history and will respond correctly if contacted about the PIP or my ESA renewal. being agoraphobis this is a nightmare for me and I am dreading Monday. It seems they don't look back at my records and he has no clue about my issues!!! My old doctor was a star and had known me from a child.

I'm not hopeful at all that I will get PIP. I am on the WRAG group for ESA which is being cut so god knows how I am going to live.

Hi M,

You certainly have nothing to lose by returning your PIP Form.

The proposed cuts to the WRA component of ESA WRAG from April 2017 will only affect new ESA claimants after that date, not existing ESA recipients.

Good luck and please keep us updated !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.