× Members

PIP evidence dates

More
7 years 11 months ago #157571 by nonsmoker2008
PIP evidence dates was created by nonsmoker2008
Hi

Received dreaded brown envelope to change from DLA to PIP. Finding out all we can online. Very concerned where it says evidence needs to be within last 2 years. I received various diagnoses over 4 years ago for diff conditions and so have nothing more recent. Just dosed up and left to it by the medical fraternity. Will these older letters be acceptable? My doctor retired and so have no one at the surgery who really knows me. I have a phone consult with new GP on 5th but don't know where to start, I have so many probs and am housebound with no one to help.

In the interim Ive had OT and PATS come and sort me out some home equipment. Am currently waiting on a complete statutory assessment from community health people, but am told this will take prob 6 weeks, but the brown envelope says I only have 4 weeks to call them. I was very confused when I spoke to community care manager. She said she is currently saying I qualify (or something?) under the care act and will need to pay for stuff out of DLA but after their assessment may get help from public purse. Would I lose my DLA/PIP if I do?

Am really stressed and keep wondering what is the point of existing, hope you can help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157582 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP evidence dates
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You must initiate the PIP claim within the timescale given, otherwise you risk your DLA claim being closed prematurely. Once you have made the initial phone call, you will have a week or two before the full PIP2 form arrives.

Many of us have been 'parked' by the NHS as there is nothing more that can be done. That means that we do not have up to date supporting documents. Certainly, something confirming your diagnosis (or symptoms) is useful however old it is (especially if you have a condition that will never improve). If you can then back this up with something that conforms you are no better, all well and good - but you cannot provide what you don't have!

Don't forget that you can include supporting evidence from other health professionals and also from non-qualified people who are in a position to know your problems.

Finally, don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That means that you will be able to return here to ask further questions rather than having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157841 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic PIP evidence dates
Thank you

More
7 years 11 months ago #157945 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic PIP evidence dates
Hello again. I just asked for a PIP1 form as I can't do phone calls, especially long ones, and was told categorically that the form instead of call is only for deaf people. Is this correct? I have a mixture of physical and mental health issues and need to see things in writing as I lose track with my concentration. Seems a bit .... discriminatory

More
7 years 11 months ago #157952 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP evidence dates

nonsmoker2008 wrote: Hello again. I just asked for a PIP1 form as I can't do phone calls, especially long ones, and was told categorically that the form instead of call is only for deaf people. Is this correct? I have a mixture of physical and mental health issues and need to see things in writing as I lose track with my concentration. Seems a bit .... discriminatory

Yes it would be discriminatory, there are may conditions that would prevent a claimant from talking over the phone to the DWP.

I would phone them again, it may well be the call centre operative that you spoke to, they are not always well trained. If they still refuse then ask to speak to a manager.

If this is related to an invitation to claim PIP the you need to be mindful of the deadlines for completing this part of the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nonsmoker2008

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #157954 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP evidence dates
Another alternative would be to write out, in advance, all the information you will need to give (you will find it in the PIP guide) then either phone yourself and refer to your notes or ask someone else to ring for you. They would have to answer the basic security questions yourself and give permission for the other person to speak on your behalf, then they should be able to take over.

To be clear - you do have the right to request this is done on paper but it might not be the easiest route to go down!

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: nonsmoker2008

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.