× Members

PIP evidence dates

More
7 years 10 months ago #160816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP evidence dates

nonsmoker2008 wrote: Another question if I may, and I apologise if already covered elsewhere, but what do you enter when none of the tick boxes apply for a particular activity because your problem isn't adequately described by any of them, not even in loose terms?

Previously for my DLA I added my own tick boxes and literally wrote all over the form wherever it was needed to better explain, including sideways on and around the corners. I don't know if that will be ok this time

Don't feel obliged to use the tick boxes if they do not fit with the way that you want to describe your limitations, mark them "see below" and answer the question in the comment box or attached pages,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160822 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic PIP evidence dates
Brilliant. Thank you

More
7 years 10 months ago #161825 by nonsmoker2008
Latest question please:

I cannot stand upright - or sit upright, for that matter - either. Am in a permanent flexed forward position, yet does it not say in the guidance somewhere that the person should be able to stand 'upright`? So if you cannot do upright, at all, then that should qualify in the moving around descriptor thingymibob?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161826 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP evidence dates

nonsmoker2008 wrote: Latest question please:

I cannot stand upright - or sit upright, for that matter - either. Am in a permanent flexed forward position, yet does it not say in the guidance somewhere that the person should be able to stand 'upright`? So if you cannot do upright, at all, then that should qualify in the moving around descriptor thingymibob?

The PIP requirement is for you to stand, there is no definition of what stand means other than it needing to be on at least on biological foot. You can certainly argue that because you can stand upright that this does not meet the test, if you do then you should use "reliably" and "for the majority of days" as reasonable. I can't say whether this would be successful or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161828 by nonsmoker2008
Thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162439 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic PIP application Q's for nonsmoker2008
CONTENT

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.