× Members

Agoraphobia and claiming pip

More
7 years 10 months ago #161593 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip
Hi Pat,

I think you are right to say that heating up a pre-prepared meal in the microwave is not the same as 'preparing and cooking a simple meal!'

The other question is more difficult as it seems everyone gets points for 'prompting' rather than needing someone else to speak for them.

The Appeal panel will be far less constrained by DWP and will be looking at the regulations, so you still stand a chance with them!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161605 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip
Pat

Ignoring why the award was made, are you happy with the Standard Daily Living?

If the answer is yes, then don't do anything, arguing that she should have scored different points but the same number is very unlikely to achieve anything but her losing the current award.

If you are not happy, do you realistically believe that she can score the extra four points for an Enhanced award?

If you cannot see her scoring the extra points then there is no value in asking for an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #161671 by pat
Replied by pat on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip
I am happy with the standard care award but I am very unhappy about the length of award. 2 years. This process was very traumatic for my sister and it has caused her to become depressed. She was diagnosed 48 years ago with mental health and her main problem is engaging with people she has never attended the doctors surgery or been able to seek help for her condition. The assessor is saying that if she sought help (which she is unable to do) her condition may improve. She hasn't been able to do this for 48 years, she is now 66 . I think it is unreasonable to think that she could now.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161672 by pat
Replied by pat on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip
I am torn between trying to get a longer award or leaving things alone. Can you say if they would use this assessment report when looking at a review if she had a doctors letter saying that her mental health hasn't improved

More
7 years 10 months ago #161678 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip
They should look at both the assessment and the letter. However, they are allowed to decide which they give the most weight!

More
7 years 10 months ago #161688 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip

pat wrote: I am torn between trying to get a longer award or leaving things alone. Can you say if they would use this assessment report when looking at a review if she had a doctors letter saying that her mental health hasn't improved

The reassessment date forms part of the Decision so is in principle appealable, however I have to warn you that as I write we are not aware of anybody doing this, let alone being successful, on the other hand a two year award will be reassessed next year!!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.