× Members

Agoraphobia and claiming pip

More
7 years 9 months ago #164024 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Agoraphobia and claiming pip

pat wrote: Just an update on my pip journey or should I say my sister's journey. Received decision today, awarded standard care and no mobility and although the assessor suggested a 2 year review dm has awarded ongoing award which is fantastic as I don't think my sister would have agreed to another assessment. My dilemma is should I ask for a review as I truly believe she should have scored 10 for mobility as she can't leave house even to go to doctor. She couldn't go to her mothers funeral and she only goes out once a month for a run in the car. I found some notes which say dwp guidance to health professionals which states if someone is unable to leave the house on the majority of times they should be awarded 13e 10 points. We explained this and made it clear that support and encouragement doesn't help. The doctor confirmed she has been unable to visit the surgery for over 40 years. The assessor still chose 13b needs prompting. I would also like to thank everyone for their help in my journey so far. I have spoken to a cab advisor and she says she believes the points she scored for care look safe. Do you have any thoughts on how safe her review period is especially as it is so far away from what the assessor advised. Any thoughts welcome

This could be an issue of not using the right terminology, the legal definition requires the claimant to suffer "overwhelming psychological distress", this may have been implied but was it stated and supported by evidence?

If you are making use of "on the majority of days" then be careful about ensuring that is the majority of days that are documented, also 51% of days will carry less weight than 75%.

The review period is very much a medical matter, unlike the points which can sometimes limited by the law, so I would be surprised if the DM would make any changes to this if an MR was requested.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.