× Members

still waiting for ESA reassessment decision

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #160640 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic still waiting for ESA reassessment decision
JB

It's not an exact science.

You can cancel one appointment without fault.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164142 by Ruby
Hi
Its now 16 weeks since I returned my ESA 50. It was a repeat assessment and I have been in the support group since 2011.

I see that there is an updated WCA handbook in the members resources dated July 2016.

My question is will my ESA50 be assessed by Maximus using the current WCA handbook? I am concerned as I would not have had this resource to use back in March when I filled in form. Might there be changes which could effect my staying in the support group which I may have explained in my ESA 50 had I been aware?

Many thanks in anticipation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164146 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic still waiting for ESA reassessment decision

Ruby wrote: Hi
Its now 16 weeks since I returned my ESA 50. It was a repeat assessment and I have been in the support group since 2011.

I see that there is an updated WCA handbook in the members resources dated July 2016.

My question is will my ESA50 be assessed by Maximus using the current WCA handbook? I am concerned as I would not have had this resource to use back in March when I filled in form. Might there be changes which could effect my staying in the support group which I may have explained in my ESA 50 had I been aware?

Many thanks in anticipation.

I would expect them to use the new WCA Handbook! If you have used the guides to complete the ESA50 then you have primarily answered the questions on the ESA50 in regard the legal definitions or descriptors which have not been changed and against which you will be assessed. Apart from cosmetic changes and the inclusion of Universal Credit information the only significant change to the Handbook appears to be in regard to claimant risk assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #164160 by Ruby
Thank you Gordon for putting my mind at rest. Yes I did use the guides to complete the form.
Will just try not to over think so much and continue waiting........and waiting!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.