× Members

MR advice please

More
7 years 9 months ago #164294 by Littlebipolar
MR advice please was created by Littlebipolar
Rang pip today and was told I have been awarded enhanced daily living component and low mobility same as my DLA award but only for 2 years . Is their any way of asking for a MR for the award lenghth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164317 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR advice please

Littlebipolar wrote: Rang pip today and was told I have been awarded enhanced daily living component and low mobility same as my DLA award but only for 2 years . Is their any way of asking for a MR for the award lenghth?

The length of the award does form part of the Decision and is therefore subject to appeal, however, I am not aware of anyone on B&W or any of the other forums I view who has gone through this process.

The length of the award is primarily decided by the assessor, based on your conditions and the likelihood for change, you will need to show that their recommendation is unreasonable.

If you want to pursue the matter then have a look at the PIP Appeal guide in regard to requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164339 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic MR advice please
Thank you for your reply I rang up pip and explained I'm happy with my award it's the lenghth they said a decision maker would call me within 24 hours :s do you know what will be asked when they ring ? I don't want to Ruin my award but being awarded 2 years would mean me being reassessed next year and my illnesses are life long bipolar personality disorder anxiety a

More
7 years 9 months ago #164345 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic MR advice please
Hi Lb,

I can't say for sure but would expect the decision maker to ask about your conditions and why you believe the award length is wrong.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #164531 by Littlebipolar
Thank I got it reply still no DM phone call rang this morning again to be told that could take up to 5 working days ?

More
7 years 8 months ago #164537 by Littlebipolar
After reading some of the forum conversations on here I think it's best I send it in writing ? I am happy with the award it's the lenghth my conditions are life long and nothing is going to get better in the next 12 months when it will be time for appeal . I recieved the report and he was fair with scoring but didn't mention my other mentle health issues and put down my amputation as pain as opposed to amputation. I also sent psychiatrist letter and doctor letters confirming conditions and which state my mentle health issues are "severe and enduring " could someone please help me with trying to draft up a letter to the decision maker ? I've read te guidelines and I'm stressed and confused :s

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.