× Members

MR advice please

More
7 years 8 months ago #164546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR advice please

Littlebipolar wrote: After reading some of the forum conversations on here I think it's best I send it in writing ? I am happy with the award it's the lenghth my conditions are life long and nothing is going to get better in the next 12 months when it will be time for appeal . I recieved the report and he was fair with scoring but didn't mention my other mentle health issues and put down my amputation as pain as opposed to amputation. I also sent psychiatrist letter and doctor letters confirming conditions and which state my mentle health issues are "severe and enduring " could someone please help me with trying to draft up a letter to the decision maker ? I've read te guidelines and I'm stressed and confused :s

I'm sorry but we cannot give personal advice on the forum :(

What are the things that would make someone extend the award?

Your problems have to be severe, you are receiving the Enhanced rate for Daily Living and although you are receiving Standard Mobility this is still significant in comparison to a healthy person, so remind them of this.

Your condition must be unlikely to improve! The DM is not medically trained so for each condition provide them with an easy to read prognosis that explains this and include your letter that shows that they are "severe and enduring"

Propose a more reasonable award length.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164564 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic MR advice please
Unless theirs a miracle my conditions wount improve as they haven't in the last5 years but got worse . In your opinion what would be a more reasonable award length ? I have no idea on what could constitute this . I know personal advice can't be given on the forum but can it via email?

More
7 years 8 months ago #164568 by Gordon

Littlebipolar wrote: Unless theirs a miracle my conditions wount improve as they haven't in the last5 years but got worse . In your opinion what would be a more reasonable award length ? I have no idea on what could constitute this . I know personal advice can't be given on the forum but can it via email?

I'm not dodging the question but what would you consider reasonable? As you are not receiving the highest rate for both components I think an on going award would be unreasonable.

If you assumed that the current award is right for your conditions as they are now and looking back at how your conditions have deteriorated over the last few years, when would you think that you might qualify for the higher Mobility award? 5 years, 10 years?

Next give some thought to what might be acceptable to the DM, they have currently awarded 2 years, would they accept 10 years? Perhaps not, what about 4 or 5 years? These seem to me to be more likely to be accepted, don't forget that you will be assessed a year early.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #164570 by Littlebipolar
Thank you ever so much Gordon . I am going to start this tomorrow , I think maybe 5 years ? And state that I'm aware I will be assessed at the 4 year ? X

More
7 years 8 months ago #165527 by Littlebipolar
Hello, I put in my MR for the lenghth of the pip award and I rang up to see if they was any update two days ago I recieved a text to say they have enough information to make their decision and this morning the call centre said they have asked the assessment provider for advice , can anyone make sense of this ?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165543 by Gordon

Littlebipolar wrote: Hello, I put in my MR for the lenghth of the pip award and I rang up to see if they was any update two days ago I recieved a text to say they have enough information to make their decision and this morning the call centre said they have asked the assessment provider for advice , can anyone make sense of this ?

Decision Makers are not medically trained, the award length is based on your medical conditions and the likelihood of change, the text is saying that they have asked the AP who support the DWP to look at the information.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.