× Members

MR advice please

More
7 years 8 months ago #166225 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic MR advice please
Hello went into bit of depression but seem to have resurrected a little. I read the MR explanation of why they believe the award lenghth to be correct. I find the explanation a little worrying. As the DM has stated that they agree my severe and eduring mental health will continue beyond the short award but the short award is due to my amputations fm they want to see what restrictions I have next year. They seem to have disregarded the fact that the amputation was caused due to my mental health is their any point in my replying to the decision maker and saying this ? My assessment gave primary concern to my mental health and had i not have had these mental health issues then the amputation would not have happened. Just wounded ing if they was any point in my replying to the DM's letter ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166241 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR advice please

Littlebipolar wrote: Hello went into bit of depression but seem to have resurrected a little. I read the MR explanation of why they believe the award lenghth to be correct. I find the explanation a little worrying. As the DM has stated that they agree my severe and eduring mental health will continue beyond the short award but the short award is due to my amputations fm they want to see what restrictions I have next year. They seem to have disregarded the fact that the amputation was caused due to my mental health is their any point in my replying to the decision maker and saying this ? My assessment gave primary concern to my mental health and had i not have had these mental health issues then the amputation would not have happened. Just wounded ing if they was any point in my replying to the DM's letter ?

If this was a Decision on your MR then there is no value in your replying unless you hope to force a second MR.

I assume from your post that you are a relatively new amputee, it appears that the DM is saying that they want to see how you adapt to the amputation before they consider a longer award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166447 by Littlebipolar
Thank you for your reply Gordon . The DM in the MR explanation seems to place emphasis soley on my amputation but during the assessment it was my MH that was discussed 80% of the time . My amputation was deliberate during the time I was extremely suicidal . I don't know what to do as even the descriptors that were awarded were largely awarded for my MH

More
7 years 8 months ago #166491 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR advice please

Littlebipolar wrote: Thank you for your reply Gordon . The DM in the MR explanation seems to place emphasis soley on my amputation but during the assessment it was my MH that was discussed 80% of the time . My amputation was deliberate during the time I was extremely suicidal . I don't know what to do as even the descriptors that were awarded were largely awarded for my MH

Unless you want to take it to appeal I'm afraid there is nothing more that you can do about it, perhaps it's time to accept the award as is and think about how you can best present your claim when you are reassessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166549 by Littlebipolar
Thanks for ur reply with assistance I replied to the MR response if it forces a second MR then brill but not holding my breathe if nothing comes of it will just do as u say and prepare next assessment . Can I ask from me replying to the MR they can't just send it to appeal can they ? As I don't want this is it me that has to request the appeal if that makes sense

More
7 years 8 months ago #166562 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic MR advice please
Hi Lb,

You would have to submit the appeal yourself, it cannot happen without your knowledge.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.