× Members

Face to face interview

More
6 years 4 months ago #202547 by Dougle
Replied by Dougle on topic Face to face interview
Hi folks, just a quick update.So, despite a letter of support from my GP explaining that i am often unable to physically leave the house and being in the SG and the involvement of my MP ,I am STILL refused a home medical for my ESA assessment ! Sigh. Looks like i will have to attend .
I feel sure that the DWP/Maximus are intent on kicking me off the sick. I could not have provided more in depth information from myself ,carers and Drs .My health has only worsened since my previous awards. I feel very worried indeed....will let you all know what happens .Good luck to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #202810 by Dougle
Is it common to be refused a home medical for ESA when already in the SG ?
I receive full enhanced PIP (both parts) . My mobility is very poor and am in severe constant pain.
I asked what information they want from my GP and so he addressed those points with Maximus.
My GP sent yet more medical information just this week and STILL I am refused a home medical
.I am fed up of telling Maximus that I spend at least half the week in bed unable to get up .
Will It go against me because I attend this medical even though I simply have no choice?
The assessment centre cannot even tell me if there will definitely be a seat for me and there will be nowhere I can lay down should I need to.It is on the second floor !
I am just trying to leave no stone unturned in my fight . Am I fighting a losing battle here?

More
6 years 4 months ago #202818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face interview
Dougle

Being in the SG may increase the likelihood of a home assessment but it does not guarantee it, I don't have up to date statistics for Maximus but historically home assessments for ESA have been quite rare.

Providing your GP has stated categorically stated that you cannot attend at their offices, there is no use of "might suffer.." or "could suffer...", then think about involving your MP, if you are still refused.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #202835 by Dougle
Cheers Gordon, It sounds like that is what has probably happened here then.My GP must have written that I ‘may ‘ suffer as a result of attending the medical at the Maximus office.
I have already had my MP’s casewoker contact Maximus on my behalf and even that did not do the trick. I had hope the MP would speak to them personally but that did not happen.
Ok then it looks like I will simply have to attend .No way out .I dread it ! I just cannot see them allowing me to remain in the SG if I attend their office...who knows.
I will definitely let you know what happens.I will take this to appeal etc if needs be.
Thanks for all the help .Its in the lap of the gods now

More
6 years 4 months ago #202843 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face interview
Dougle

Can anyone take you to the assessment, this will go a long way to defusing any concerns about your ability to attend?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #202852 by Dougle
Yes definitely my wife will be taking me and coming into the examination with me.I will certainly need help . I am worried there will not even be a seat.They just won’t accept that I will need to lay down .
It is just so frustrating when the GP has stated I have been able to leave home on multiple occasions for long periods and they will not accept it. I must say that once my MPs caseworker got involved I honestly thought that would swing it for me but no...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.