× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #228428 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RR

It's not particularly common but we do see it reported on the forum. The DWP are required to revisit their Decision when the appeal is submitted and when the claimant makes their own submission.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228497 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
Hi Gordon,

I got a letter from the DWP about severe disability premium fpr ESA. I don't know about this! :)

My DLA was high rate mobility, low rate care. When I used to have Incapacity Benefit, I remember something about disability premiums, but since I was transferred to ESA, I didn't see it in the award letter anymore. I assumed the rules had changed or something.

So now my PIP award is standard rate daily living component and enhanced rate mobility component, which to my mind is the same as my DLA award was.

The letter says I can get severed disability premium to ESA if I have standard rate daily living component for PIP.

Seems a bit puzzling! I don't understand why I didn't get it for DLA. I suppose because they scrapped the equivalent of low rate care and everyone's on standard rate now?

Any advice on completing the questionnaire? It seems straightforward but I know these things rarely are.

Also, how much is the severe disability premium?

Thank you. :)

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RedRed

The Premium is not payable with DLA Lower Rate Care, only a higher award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.