× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 8 months ago #216112 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
Thank you for clarifying :)

I saw the text over the weekend and wondered if I'd misunderstood. I gave it a few days, still wasn't sure. I'm glad I asked. The way I read it, I was triggered as it's my diagnosis, so it was hard for me to get past what I was feeling to work out what the guide really meant. i.e. sounded too easy and I got excited! Of course nothing is easy. I'm not disappointed.

Good to know, should I be so lucky, they won't leave me hanging, but also, it's very rare they make this decision.

Thanks, Gordon! :) Aiming to finish my first draft by the weekend, then I have next week to polish, then post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216317 by RedRed
Hi Gordon,

I am about half way, or just over. I just noticed the guide doesn't have the section on Part 2: Mental, cognitive and intellectual capabilities. I clicked on the link but it takes me to the overview page, not this bit. I can't see it. Would you happen to have a link, please? Thanks :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #216333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP

RedRed wrote: Hi Gordon,

I am about half way, or just over. I just noticed the guide doesn't have the section on Part 2: Mental, cognitive and intellectual capabilities. I clicked on the link but it takes me to the overview page, not this bit. I can't see it. Would you happen to have a link, please? Thanks :)

The ESA guide is in two parts, they are both in the ESA section.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 8 months ago #216354 by RedRed
That's not where the link in the guide takes you. It goes here www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Thanks, Gordon :)

I lost today, slept right through it. Woke about 7pm. :( I've reached 42 pages and I haven't finished yet. The anxiety I had last week has eased, but now I feel kind of numb, I don't know if that's normal? It's starting to feel tedious and repetitive, but maybe that's because it's a legal document not literature. I'm going to go back at the end and write 'About You'. I put everything in there, in case I forgot later in the form. I hope that's acceptable to them. I'm worried about my eyes, they have never been this bad, so I don't want to spend any longer at my computer than absolutely necessary. :(

Anyway, thanks again, and thanks for this space and letting me vent a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 8 months ago #216405 by RedRed
Stayed up late to finish. That's first draft of update done. I have 44 pages!! Started off with 30 I think, so I've written 14 more. :ohmy:

I'm exhausted! Resting today, especially worried about my eyes. Then tomorrow, go through what I wrote slowly, start filling in the form and tick boxes, add any info I've forgotten to my document, eg imaginary wheelchairs, smh. I'm not worried about making my additional shorter, they wouldn't think twice about asking me in for a medical etc, and they seem to want information for seemingly irrelevant things. I can't believe how twisted and messed up ESA has become since the last time I did it. Unbelievable. It's made me really angry, I will email my MP after I've gathered my thoughts.

But first, tea. :)

I'm ok for time, I'll post it special delivery next Monday or Tuesday. So I have time for the photocopier to break down at the library! haha

Thanks, Gordon :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #216412 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RedRed

I'm very impressed with what you have managed to do, well done., now to get it in the post. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.