× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 8 months ago #216415 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
haha thank you! :) I'm not celebrating yet, not till it's in the post, but I will admit to ice cream...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216417 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP

RedRed wrote: haha thank you! :) I'm not celebrating yet, not till it's in the post, but I will admit to ice cream...

:laugh:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 8 months ago #216638 by RedRed
Finished! :woohoo:

I didn't make it to the library to photocopy the form, so I still have to do that, then get to the post office before 5.30pm, but it's done. Deadline is Wednesday.

46 pages!! 16 pages of update, including about 9 or 10 pages 'About You'. There's a lot of repetition, but it's a legal document, not an essay, and also, I only had 2 weeks or so to do it, not the full allotted time, plus the fact I have a complex illness and doing this has made me worse, it will have to do.

I can't describe how shattered I am. It's like my bones are fatigued and shaking as well. Like when you're fit to drop. I know they're not interested in that.

I don't keep a diary of symptoms, I don't know how to track such a complex condition, and no one has shown me either, which is why there's 46 pages, I put in there how I was as I was writing and what kind of stressors affected me in what way, and their impact. Hopefully, it should show I can't spend all day tracking symptoms, especially when I don't know what's happening, or not noticed or forgotten something.

I am very worried about my eyes. Hopefully, rest will help.

I will let you know when I hear back from them. I will need to read the guides for what's next anyway.

I have sellotaped their prepaid envelope on an A4 envelope and I'm all set to go, after this cup of tea! I haven't included too much supporting evidence, just letter of diagnosis, previous GP's letter of support. I can't photocopy everything, and they should have it all on file. They can ask me if they want what they already have.

^^ so see that? That's how I got to 46 pages. All the information and detail I can think of! :lol:

Thank you for the help and support, Gordon! Really appreciated having this space, this little corner that was just mine to vent in, and I'm very grateful for the prompt advice and information.

:)

More
5 years 8 months ago #216645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RedRed

Check that the "parcel" has been received by contacting the DPW office dealing with your claim.

Don't worry if you don't hear anything for some time, the process has slowed down to the Summer holidays and many areas were already reporting wait times of months rather than weeks for an assessment.

Well done for getting the form returned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 8 months ago #216649 by RedRed
Thanks, Gordon :)

PIP sent me a text to confirm receipt, so I suppose ESA will do the same. I'm going to send it Special Delivery, but I know even a signature on receipt isn't 'proof of receipt' it's just someone at the mail handling site, been here before... :o

Thanks for the heads up about the delays. Is there a thread here of what people do to manage the stress and trauma of this process? Could use some tips, if there are any. :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #216652 by RedRed
Posted! :woohoo:

After I printed the last page, my printer ran out of ink.
When I got to the library just now, they said the photocopier had just been fixed a few minutes before. It's been broken for days.
And there was no queue at the post office.

Lucky! Good signs, I hope.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.