× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 9 months ago #215604 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RedRed

I can't see from your previous posts whether you requested the DWP include your DLA information in your PIP claim when you made the phone call to start your claim if you didn't then it won't be included.

Our advice is to include any evidence that you want to be reviewed with your claim form wherever possible, that way you know what has been submitted and can integrate the documents into your answers on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #215637 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
Thank you.
I didn't know they could and didn't assume, so I didn't request anything. DWP told me they would transfer everything over from DLA.

I don't know what I can send apart from original diagnosis, which they have had multiple times now, every assessment, there's not much else because nothing works with my conditions, there's no cure.

More
5 years 9 months ago #215645 by Gordon

RedRed wrote: I don't know what I can send apart from original diagnosis, which they have had multiple times now, every assessment, there's not much else because nothing works with my conditions, there's no cure.

Send the diagnosis letters, even if you have sent them before, don't trust that the people assessing you will have this information available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #215658 by RedRed
I am slowly and carefully reading through what I have written, going through the guides once again, to edit and tidy, before I send at the end of the week.

At the same time, I've got ESA on my mind, even though I am not focusing on it for now. Just for peace of mind, please could you tell me if I am right in thinking I can update what I submitted before? Or has a lot changed since 2015?

More
5 years 9 months ago #215659 by Gordon

RedRed wrote: At the same time, I've got ESA on my mind, even though I am not focusing on it for now. Just for peace of mind, please could you tell me if I am right in thinking I can update what I submitted before? Or has a lot changed since 2015?

There have been no changes to the ESA Descriptors and Regulations but there have been updates to the DWP guidance, so you should be able to use the information from your previous form, but make sure that it is still valid by checking the guides.

Gordon

More
5 years 9 months ago #215665 by RedRed
I have a question about PIP, if that's ok? :)

Q14 Moving around. I am not sure which option to tick. There are times in the day when I can't move at all, early in the day, and again later in the day. If you add up the hours, it's most of the day, with a few best hours in the middle. In the course of a year, it's a similar pattern, with a few months being my best, and the rest varying shades of worse and worse.

Overall, it's fair to say it's chronic, long-term, unpredictable, fluctuating, variable.

But what do they want on the form? Do they want me to tick 'less than 20 metres' because that's true for most of the day? Or just 'it varies'?

In other words, this looks like one of those questions where they can pull the rug from under you because all is not as it seems.

Because I just thought - 'less than 20 metres' is specific. And whoever reads my form will tick a box and award points, or however they do this. And 'it varies' takes you somewhere else.

It says on the form 'to give you an idea of distance, 50 metres is approximately 5 buses parked end to end'

So that means 10 metres is one bus. I can describe how it feels to walk that even when I am able to go out. Would they argue that I can, even if it causes me pain and discomfort and it's difficult for me?

I need to look at your guidance on variable conditions again, although the maths made me laugh, it's so obviously designed to set people up to fail.

The other thing I am keeping in mind is that if something is true for part of the day, it counts as being true for the whole day. (can't remember the exact wording but it was along those lines).

Also on Q14, about walking sticks. I have one, but when I need to use it, I only use it indoors, I am afraid to use it outside for fear of looking vulnerable. If I do go out and I need my walking stick, I use a long umbrella instead and try to look as normal as possible. It's not about not attracting attention, it's that I am in London and people get mugged. It's not an irrational fear, I've witnessed it. In the past, I have always said this is what I do and so far, they have always accepted it, or at least judges have when they question me at tribunal. But would they accept it for PIP?

Thanks in advance! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.