× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 8 months ago #215949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP

RedRed wrote: Is it still the case you only pass if you show you are worse? Last time, I was told if you have a long term chronic fluctuating condition, if nothing has changed, you fail. Is this true? Fibromyalgia and Hypermobility aren't officially progressive, but I can put where and how I am worse, eg now including my eyes! :(

No, this has never been the case for a reassessment, this only applies when making a new claim for ESA, which you are not doing.

No, you do not need to provide Fit Notes as you already have an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216078 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
My eyes still aren't better, but I can read print now, so I'm starting with a slow read-through of what I wrote before and updating with more recent information. Then I'll read through the whole thing carefully with the guide. Anxiety is through the roof. :(

What's the pass rate for reassessment?

Also, please could you tell me more about this bit? I have fibromyalgia, does it mean I may not be asked to atttend a medical? Or does it mean starting from this reassessment? I don't know on what grounds I passed previously, I can't remember much from that time I was so down. Thanks, Gordon.

'‘Exemption’ from reassessment
Claimants who have to attend a WCA from 29 September 2017 will not have to have repeat assessments if they are in the support group and meet certain other criteria.

However, you will only be considered if you are in the support group because of one of the
“functional descriptors” due to either a physical or mental health condition.

This means that if you were placed in the support group without relying on the descriptors you will not be considered. So if, for example, you were placed in the support group because of the ‘substantial risk’ rules, you will not be considered.

You will also need to show that all of the following apply:

• Your condition will last for the rest of your life.

• The effect of your condition means that you will always meet at least one of the support group descriptors above. The DWP say that conditions which might qualify, include: “Motor Neurone Disease (MND), severe and progressive forms of MS, Parkinson’s, all dementias, all chromosomal conditions, Huntington’s, severe irreversible cardiorespiratory failure, severe acquired brain injury …this list is not exhaustive” . The DWP also say that conditions which might not meet the criteria include “recently diagnosed relapsing non-progressive forms of MS or some people with less severe mental health conditions with periods of reasonable function”.

• There is no realistic prospect of recovery, such as a transplant.

• You have been diagnosed with an unambiguous medically recognised condition. This can include conditions such as ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.

A health professional will make a recommendation as to whether you meet the criteria for being exempt from further WCAs. A DWP decision maker will make the final decision.'

More
5 years 8 months ago #216085 by Gordon
RR

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any statistics covering reassessments.

The DWP can now decide not to reassess a claimant if they meet certain criteria, the decision is only made after a reassessment, it does not form part of the Decision and is not appealable. It is aimed at claimants with permanent disabilities, I would be very surprised if Fibromyalgia was one of the qualifying conditions.

The following has more information

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3670-end-...imants-will-miss-out

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #216094 by RedRed
Thanks, Gordon. I'm glad I checked. I copied that text from the guide, by the way.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216096 by RedRed
The link says the same as the guide, and mentions fibromyalgia.

Right, so after this reassessment, they will make their decision.
If they decide you no longer need assessments, do they tell you in writing?

More
5 years 8 months ago #216099 by Gordon

RedRed wrote: The link says the same as the guide, and mentions fibromyalgia.

Right, so after this reassessment, they will make their decision.
If they decide you no longer need assessments, do they tell you in writing?

I would not rely on the reference to fibromyalgia in the guide, it is being used as an example of a definitive diagnosis, it is not being used as an example of a condition that the DWP will accept as not requiring further assessment

Notification is made in the Decision Letter following a reassessment. So far we have seen three or four members report that assessments are no longer required.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.