× Members

I cannot believe my son has not been awarded ANYTHING!!

More
2 months 1 week ago #288047 by BIS
Hi Anji

Ring them ASAP and explain about the late arrival and ask for an extension. If they refuse - make sure the call handler goes away and speaks to a senior person. If you just write it on the form and then send it back later - you risk them refusing to do the MR.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #288055 by Anji
Ok, great thanks. I was thinking I might write, using your template, adding a request for an extension. That way I can send it recorded delivery and ask them to confirm. Would that work? I am just so sceptical of ringing and getting verbal confirmation!! I think as long as the assessor's report arrives within the next week, I shouldn't be far off the deadline.
Thanks so much for your help!!

More
2 months 1 week ago #288059 by BIS
Hi Anji

Always ring first! You can send a letter by recorded delivery and you can get confirmation it has been delivered - but what you don't know is when it will actually be processed. Call first and then write a letter confirming the result of your conversation and then you have a proper record.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
2 months 1 week ago #288063 by Filey
Hi Anji , if you take a look at all my posts about my Sons pip, something from there may help you. My adult Son has autism, works and is living in shared accommodation. We have recently won the appeal before it actually got to the tribunal hearing. So don't give up , fight and please take a look at my posts if you can. The very best of luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
2 months 6 days ago #288086 by Anji
Thank you so much, I will take a look. I am so pleased that your appeal was successful. There are so many inaccuracies in the decision letter, I am hopeful ours will be too, although I think we will need to push for a tribunal.

I will take a look at your posts, thank you. Always nice to hear of someone getting what they deserve 🥰
Anji

More
2 months 6 days ago #288106 by Anji
Well, they wouldn't talk to me as I am not an official appointee. My son rang and they refused point blank to give an extension on the phone, just stating to put the reason on the letter. He's currently on hold to get me to be an appointee. Oh this whole process just makes me so angry and upset. The letter arrived three weeks after the date on it, we still don't have the assessor's report and we have one week to get more evidence, write the appeal and get it delivered back to them. This system is just designed to put people off.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.