× Members

I cannot believe my son has not been awarded ANYTHING!!

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288419 by Chris
Hi Anji,

All you can do now is play the dreaded waiting game like many of us do during this process. It can be long, and painful, but sometimes the end reward makes it seem worthwhile.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Filey, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288427 by Wendy Woo
Hello Anji,

Regarding the third paragraph in your most recent post, I'm totally convinced that this is what happens and that nothing you say that doesn't fit with what the assessor has already decided is taken into consideration. To be fair (or maybe not), everything we told my son's assessor was noted, but she just said it was "improbable" because, of course, she was not there to see it happen.

Best wishes,

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288449 by Donna2512
My son is 29 now and at his first assessment the physio asked him to subtract 7 from 100 and then used that as justification for him being able to perform all sorts of tasks. He completely failed to acknowledge that it was the only question he could answer because numbers are his thing and he could have answered that sort of question when he was three as well. Thankfully Tribunal saw the difficulties and renewal was painless though. There seems to be a real absence of knowledge around ASD, ADHD and other neurodiversities
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, LL26, Anji

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288479 by Anji
I agree, and the assessor was a pharmacist so probably didn't have a great understanding of neurodiversity. She probably also didn't really get that when we said my son (even with considerable prompting from you know who) didn't wash for days on end, we actually meant days as in weeks sometimes. The fact that he is physically capable of washing seemed to trump the fact that he doesn't do it. But if you don't understand ADHD you don't realise the difficulties in planning, motivation, procrastination etc. etc.
Hopefully, we will eventually get to someone who does have that understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.