× Members

Bizzarre call from DWP

More
13 years 1 month ago #51640 by malthus
Replied by malthus on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
Can I just stress, if anyone telephones you, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR NAME, period.

There is no LAW compelling you to do so or for that matter that you conduct your private matters over the phone, you have no idea who is on the other end of the line.

Always ask who is speaking and what their business is, YOU ask the questions, it's your security that's potentially threatened.

If it's important, ask them to send a letter.

Mick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51647 by lulu
Replied by lulu on topic Bizarre phone call was....
Regarding Bizarre phone call from that number yesterday. I called it back today and it was the Ilford Benefits Centre ! The DWP are attempting to find out who is lying about their Bank Balance and who is not. The Government should not be doing this surely. Or do they not want to request the Bank Statements of those not defrauding the system and this possibly saves them the time. Who knows but I feel this is intimidation, they asked what DLA rates I was on, surely they already know.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51650 by lulu
Replied by lulu on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
Bizarre phone call was Ilford Benefit Centre, I called it back today, the Government seem to be able to do what they like with disabled people.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51652 by papasmurf
Replied by papasmurf on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
How do you know it was Ilford Benefit Centre?

More
13 years 1 month ago #51659 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
So by the sound of it they've done a credit check of your finances and as you're partly claiming a means tested benefit this new info they have about you is ringing alarm bells at their end.

I find it extremely odd and rather worrying that instead of sending you a letter they instead chose to ring you out of the blue and start questioning you about sensitive data down the phone.

Please let us know how this all pans out as I think there's going to be more people on the receiving end of this kind of thing sadly.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51660 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Bizarre phone call was....
Sadly It seems that they can do anything without prior consent If they suspect some kind of fraud going on.

It seems that unlike in a criminal court of law where you are seen to be innocent until proven guilty the DWP view it in reverse when it comes to dealing with any kind of benefit claimant issue.

I think this whole approach is disgusting myself.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.