× Members

Bizzarre call from DWP

More
13 years 1 month ago #51670 by pamela
Replied by pamela on topic Re:Bizarre phone call was....
The DWP will know what DLA rates you are on but ask to confirm you are the customer making the call.It is one of their security questions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51674 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
This brings to mind something I read last year that the Child Support Agency are so far behind in chasing arrears that they are passing accounts onto Credit Agencies to pursue people who have arrears but in some cases these people are not aware of it because the CSA never told people they had changed the way child support is calculated as regards people on benefits.In some cases people have had County Court summons served on them but claimed that this is the first they knew about being in arrears.

I have had "fishing" telephone calls myself in the past asking about my financial situation, I just tell them I'm not prepared to discuss anything like that over the telephone.Paranoia level kicks in these days even if it's my local bank phoning just to clarify a transaction I have made.

My parents appointed me Power Of Attorney over their finances some years ago, and some "bright spark" at the Halifax removed the POA title and put all the money in an account with my name on it.I was on Income Support at the time and it was a good job the mistake was spotted because I could have been done for Benefit Fraud and Embezzlement even.I never did find out how it had happened.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51680 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
No kidding! Sound completely dubious. Had to get my two cents in. But that is horrible.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51681 by cmarie510
well done

More
13 years 1 month ago #51682 by cmarie510
Very creepy, horribly disconcerting.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51683 by cmarie510
Very sound advice. Though this has not happened to me, I will follow this in future. cmarie510.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.