× Members

Bizzarre call from DWP

More
13 years 1 month ago #51756 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
Yeah, thats what was worrying me.

I still remember the whole 'we're going to target Incapacity benefit claimants' propaganda bit that was thrown about by Cameron last year, and that with increasing use of credit checking agencies concerns me as It means more people being targeted when they shouldn't be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• waltwhitman
13 years 1 month ago #51763 by waltwhitman
Replied by waltwhitman on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
We're on benefits, I think their disapproval begins there and our rights to privacy or anything else go out of the window.

Cynical of me but hey, that's me - cynical and suspicious. :dry: B)

walt

More
13 years 1 month ago #51768 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
Hi everyone
The only reason I can up with for the phone call from DWP is that my review date for ESA WRAG is about to come up in the next week, I'm hoping the DWP has overlooked it but perhaps not? I shouldn't be surprised if DWP has confused my husband's pension in the belief it is mine given the experiences of other members. Other than the possibility the DWP is just checking to make sure that I might somehow have become eligible for assistance with mortgage & council tax costs, you never know if someone may have been a change of heart, I have no idea as to why I was asked about my daughter's income. I'll keep you informed if my daughter ever does receive the letter.
maggie

More
13 years 1 month ago #51771 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
Hi Maggie
Thanks for your reply. It must make you frustrated particularly as you are on a non means tested benefit and I just was under the impression that even for arguments sake, a millionaire, would be entitled to cb,s. (not that he may feel combtable claiming it). Surely your daughter is allowed to pay you some rent for living with you?
Hope all goes well.
Callisto x

More
13 years 1 month ago #51774 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
From talking to people from CAB I gather that you are allowed to receive rent from a property or a room etc and still claim CB based IB.

I myself have slowly sold off my old business assets over the last few years to provide myself with extra income because I was told that was within the rules.

I hope the DWP are not going to start moving the goalposts around just yet.

In about a years time this conversation will be moot anyway.

More
13 years 1 month ago #51788 by Elaine2
Replied by Elaine2 on topic Re:Bizzarre call from DWP
My incap was stopped in January without a letter and still to date I have received no letter about the suspension. I chased them up, they told me that I was living abroad which I am not. I rang them in total 10x and was asked in "for a chat" a letter arrived on the Saturday stating that "my chat" on the following Tuesday would be an interview under caution. At the interview the person flicked through bank statements, but did not show them to me or offer to show them to me. I have not received any letters or communication I didnt attend the interview with anyone as I did not have the time to organise anyone. The DWP dont call, I had to chase them, I have now given up. I have not had the incap for 3 months now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.