PIP and the start of the process

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 6 months ago #143590 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP and the start of the process
Thank you.
I shall only loot info of importance from my ESA file.

We visited our GP practise to see one of the new permanent GP's this afternoon.
I was expecting a tussle but found sympathy and help.
Altho she did not know about DLA/PIP she was open to help.
We are to make a few half hour apts, one to go over our meds and get that up to date and ready, and one/two for PIP form once it arrives to sort out the relevant bits and descriptors and they will help.
Draft letters by myself for the GP, home assessment and an assistance letter to aid getting PIP, hopefully in the group that allows us to keep the car.
I informed the GP we are not permitted to put words in their minds but pointers/descriptors we/I think are relevant can be put forward for them to ensure they are on the right track.
So far it all look somewhat promising.

Also on another thread a useful bit of info I shall use, re CFS/ME and support in Dorset, where I reside.

I shall keep you all posted

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143717 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic PIP and the start of the process
Wishing you every success. You sound like you're 'on the ball.' Fingers crossed for you.

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 6 months ago #143731 by sally-jane
Good morning,

We intend to phone in regarding our PIP1 form next week and before the deadline of the 19th November.
( We have left it til the last day or so b4 phoning in because we wanted time to arrange apts with the GP for med review/GP help with letters & the form etc)
All now in place.

On the letter from the DWP it does not mention what time their office is open from and too, in order for my husband who is my carer to phone in and actually speak to someone!!!
He works as well as looking after me,so time is paramount in being organised.

Top of letter phone number 03458503322
Half way down the form it states if you wish to claim phone on 08009177777.
Also says if you do not wish to claim phone on 03458503322

Well I do need to claim, so I realise it is the 0800 tel no , which will incur phone costs. Rather naughty of them.!!!!

Many would phone using the top of the letter tel no, as that usually is what one does, however in this case one has to read the whole letter and use another tel no.
All in my mind to make you do it wrong!!

Question 1
So does anyone know what time this DWP office will be open from to complete a phone call, early in the morning, so husband can go and work and earn some much needed money. ?

Question 2
Where they ask for bank details.
Do they require the a/c that DLA/ESA is paid into only, or do they want my other bank saving a/c's.?
The others are current a/c's, but in order to get the most re interest.

Many thanks

More
8 years 6 months ago #143750 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process
PCM

1. See the following

www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim

2. It's the account that you want your PIP to be paid into.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 6 months ago #143754 by sally-jane
Good afternoon,

Many thanks

Should have looked first, rather than emailing, but also thought the processing of my mind and how I approach this wonderful regime of humiliation from the DWP, may assist others.

Can only believe that this form of humiliation bestowed upon us unfortunate people, will at some point in time be realised as too degrading to continue.

Until then we must comply without allowing them too completely break us.

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 6 months ago #144411 by sally-jane
Good afternoon,

Today we phoned the DWP re PIP1 to comply with their request to contact them prior to Nov 19th if I wish to continue my claim.

The questions were as listed with the paperwork one receives to deal with part 1 of PIP.

The only other questions were;

1. Do we wish them to use a previous DLA report - must have been over 10yrs ago for such a report as I am on an Indefinite DLA Enhanced mobility/care components .
We responded it may be useful but things are worse now considerably.
2. Do I suffer from any mental illness, and they listed a number of different illnesses within this category.
We answered yes I suffer from depression and have tried to commit suicide a few years ago.

So all in all it went fine

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.