× Members

"Invited" to Apply for PIP

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #148478 by killbot99
"Invited" to Apply for PIP was created by killbot99
Hi

I haven't posted for a while but received the dreaded brown envelope today, as many can testify I feel thoroughly doomed. I had an indefinite DLA award, HRM and LRC. My question is it states on the letter I need to contact the number on the form by 11 February to let them know whether I want to claim PIP. Is there any advantage/disadvantage in contacting them asap or shall I leave it until much nearer the cut off date? Not really in a hurry to start the ball rolling.

I had to contact ESA last week to let them know our mortgage had been paid off, as we were receiving a very small amount of Mortgage Interest relief. I can't help wondering if the fact I got in touch to let them know has triggered this assessment? I know it sounds paranoid but it seems rather a coincidence.

I think I am in a Captia assessment area, do they do home assessments or will I need to travel to a centre in the event of a medical? Many thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #148480 by
Replied by on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

I haven't posted for a while but received the dreaded brown envelope today, as many can testify I feel thoroughly doomed. I had an indefinite DLA award, HRM and LRC. My question is it states on the letter I need to contact the number on the form by 11 February to let them know whether I want to claim PIP. Is there any advantage/disadvantage in contacting them asap or shall I leave it until much nearer the cut off date? Not really in a hurry to start the ball rolling.

I had to contact ESA last week to let them know our mortgage had been paid off, as we were receiving a very small amount of Mortgage Interest relief. I can't help wondering if the fact I got in touch to let them know has triggered this assessment? I know it sounds paranoid but it seems rather a coincidence.

I think I am in a Captia assessment area, do they do home assessments or will I need to travel to a centre in the event of a medical? Many thanks.

Hi mcw,

Firstly, have a read through : This Post in The Spotlight Area which includes generic information on DLA to PIP transfers.

I obviously can't make any meaningful comment on whether the timing of your PIP "invite" is pure coincidence or not, although I think that it may be.

As long as you contact PIP within the deadlines, there is no reason why you have to do so ASAP !!

The first contact will only involve you filling in a PIP 1 Form over the phone to initiate your transfer, you will then receive the PIP 2 Form through the post with a further deadline date to return that.

You can contact them and request a 2 week extension to this deadline.

A lot of members have and received the extension.

It is important that you read through our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page) as an aid to going through the process.

See also :

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

&

PIP Self Test

Even though Capita are offering more Home Assessments than ATOS, they are not doing so as a matter of course.

Therefore you need to make any request for a Home Assessment along with the PIP 2 Form, giving reasons why you require one.

Obviously a letter supporting this from G.P. would help with your request.

We have two recent News Articles regarding attending PIP face to face Assessments : Here and Here

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #148505 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP
Thanks Bro

Just another quick question, are there long delays concerning PIP like there are with ESA, have tried looking this up on the Internet but recent information on DLA to PIP transfers is rather scarce. I know while back there were long delays but is this still the case?

I had to wait 5 months for my original IB to ESA transfer. Still sometimes no news is good news, particularly if you still receive your allowances in the meantime.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #148507 by
Replied by on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP

madcatwoman wrote: Thanks Bro

Just another quick question, are there long delays concerning PIP like there are with ESA, have tried looking this up on the Internet but recent information on DLA to PIP transfers is rather scarce. I know while back there were long delays but is this still the case?

I had to wait 5 months for my original IB to ESA transfer. Still sometimes no news is good news, particularly if you still receive your allowances in the meantime.

Hi mcw,

At this time, feedback from members would lead us to believe that the DLA to PIP transfers are running pretty smoothly.

Once you have responded to the initial letter, then returned the PIP 2, we are hearing of face to face appointments being received within a fortnight of that !!

So, on average, you are looking at a potential of 10-12 weeks from receiving your initial "invite" to receiving a PIP decision.

Remember, on the premise that you abide by all deadlines given, you will continue to receive your current rate of DLA until 4 weeks after the date of the new PIP decision, whatever that PIP decision may be.

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago #148510 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP
Thanks very much.

And lastly, I have been very fortunate in that I have not needed an ESA face to face before. The last 2 times I got into the SG based on the form and any accompanying medical evidence.

I just wondered what are the chances of a PIP paper assessment? I have read that Capita is trying to reduce waiting times by using these.

More
8 years 4 months ago #148511 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP

madcatwoman wrote: Thanks very much.

And lastly, I have been very fortunate in that I have not needed an ESA face to face before. The last 2 times I got into the SG based on the form and any accompanying medical evidence.

I just wondered what are the chances of a PIP paper assessment? I have read that Capita is trying to reduce waiting times by using these.

It will be entirely dependant on the information in and with your PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris