× Members

"Invited" to Apply for PIP

More
7 years 10 months ago #163477 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP
Hi

Thank you Gordon. I have just two further questions if I may, when can I expect to receive my first PIP payment, my DLA went in this week on Tuesday do will it be 4 weeks from now, as DLA is?

Also as I said in my last post some of the scoring seemed a bit strange to me. Do you advise I ask for a copy of the report to see what the assessor actually wrote. I wondered if this will be useful at renewal time? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #163494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP
MCW

The Decision Letter should say when your PIP Claim will start and when the first payment will be made. PIP is paid four weekly in arrears.

Yes, I would request a copy of the assessment report, if asked, make it very clear that you are not considering an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

More
7 years 9 months ago #163707 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP
Hi

Thank you. Can you tell me where and want to ask for please. I will make it clear that I want a copy for my records and am not contesting the award.

Now I get standard care I understand my husband could claim carers allowance for me. I also receive ESA SG which is partly income related so will they take some off that to pay the carers allowance? Just wondering if we would be better off as we are or whether claiming carers could be worth considering.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163723 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic "Invited" to Apply for PIP

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

Thank you. Can you tell me where and want to ask for please. I will make it clear that I want a copy for my records and am not contesting the award.

Now I get standard care I understand my husband could claim carers allowance for me. I also receive ESA SG which is partly income related so will they take some off that to pay the carers allowance? Just wondering if we would be better off as we are or whether claiming carers could be worth considering.

Just ask for the assessment report, the official name is a PA4.

Yes he can claim CA but I would get face to face advice before you do from a trained advisor, they can confirm what you will receive if he does.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.