× Members

mandatory reassessment

More
8 years 2 months ago #149430 by wendy2
mandatory reassessment was created by wendy2
how do you request mandatory reassessment and should you supply extra information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149436 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reassessment

wendy wrote: how do you request mandatory reassessment and should you supply extra information

There are Appeal guides in both the ESA and PIP Sections that explain the process and have template letters that you can use.

It's up to you whether you send further evidence, many claimants send all of the information they have with the original forms and cannot supply anything new, some are able to source additional evidence. You can send it with the request for an MR or tell them that you will send it later, you should be given four weeks.

Is this in regard to your son's ESA re-assessment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149631 by wendy2
Replied by wendy2 on topic mandatory reassessment
Yes it is about my son and his recent esa assessment - I suppose it is a re-assessment even though he has not been assessed since given severe disablement allowance when a young teenager and is now 2 weeks away from being 42.Such a long gap means that we have no experience of any re-assessments let alone esa.One big concern is how they inform my son about result because he hardly ever answers his phone so we could miss a phone call decision and if he does answer phone I do not know how to advise him in what to say and obviously I do not really know what they might say during call.So that is a big worry and what if they phone a couple of times and he does not answer .I may not be being very clear here in what advice i need,sorry.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149639 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic mandatory reassessment
Hi
Read the appeal guide.
You can make an appeal in writing, get it signed for so you know they got it. This must be done within 28 days of decision.
You also need the face2face assessment if he went for one. You then read through and note all omissions, errors and erroneous statements. This forms the basis of the appeal.
Depending on what the assessor said you may want to get extra evidence to support what was put in the claim form and disregarded or challenged by the assessor.
Your son won't neccessarily get a phone call and it doesn't affect the appeal process. Sometimes they try to phone and explain their decision but it should all be in writing anyway.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150425 by wendy2
Replied by wendy2 on topic mandatory reassessment
Hi again, thanks for replies it will be 3 weeks this thursday since my son assessment and no word and my worry is that we will miss phone call and then lose time to appeal if needed.I know that one of you said it will probably be in writing but it is this not knowing whether to wait for a letter or worry about missing a phone call and i am sure i read somewhere that if it was a no then a phone call was more likely.Anyway,do you have any info at moment about how long decisions are taking..And I suppose it would perhaps on the region or area.We are in Scotland if that any help.My son has just told me that i missed the assessor saying to him there was a backlog and should be about 2 weeks and she added good luck.Ah well ce la vie.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150427 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reassessment

wendy wrote: Hi again, thanks for replies it will be 3 weeks this thursday since my son assessment and no word and my worry is that we will miss phone call and then lose time to appeal if needed.I know that one of you said it will probably be in writing but it is this not knowing whether to wait for a letter or worry about missing a phone call and i am sure i read somewhere that if it was a no then a phone call was more likely.Anyway,do you have any info at moment about how long decisions are taking..And I suppose it would perhaps on the region or area.We are in Scotland if that any help.My son has just told me that i missed the assessor saying to him there was a backlog and should be about 2 weeks and she added good luck.Ah well ce la vie.

All Decision have to be notified to the claimant in writing irrelevant of whether there is any phone contact.

We would expect a Decision to made in 2-4 weeks, any longer and you should chase them for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.