× Members

mandatory reassessment

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150673 by wendy2
Replied by wendy2 on topic mandatory reassessment
So you have never heard of people getting a text saying we are reviewing your case and will make a decision by a certain date etc.Obviously there is no icapacityy benefit but if you take that out of the text and just focus on the rest of it - have you known of others getting such a text.i thought it was all phone calls or letters.I do not know,maybe texts are a new thing with them.Why can they not just send a letter instead of causing more worry with calls and texts.Thanks for listening.And hopefully someone will know what text means.Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150677 by wendy2
Hi,I have just recently posted a query about a text my son got today saying we are reviewing your case and will make a decision by 16 feb 2016.And forgive me for posting it again as a new query but if anyone looked at my previous posts it would just be under MR headline and therefore I might not get any info from other people who have had texts as I have not come across texts to claimants before.Anyway I hope this is ok.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150690 by
Replied by on topic mandatory reassessment

wendy wrote: So you have never heard of people getting a text saying we are reviewing your case and will make a decision by a certain date etc.Obviously there is no icapacityy benefit but if you take that out of the text and just focus on the rest of it - have you known of others getting such a text.i thought it was all phone calls or letters.I do not know,maybe texts are a new thing with them.Why can they not just send a letter instead of causing more worry with calls and texts.Thanks for listening.And hopefully someone will know what text means.Thanks

Hi W,

IB = Incapacity Benefit.

From your previous post in this topic : Here. it looks like your Son is being assessed for ESA due to being transferred over from SDA.

SDA = Severe Disability Allowance

The national transfer of all recipients of IB, SDA, and Income Support (IS) due to incapacity for work began in March 2011.

Everyone in receipt of IB, SDA or IS as above should have been moved over to ESA by Spring 2014, but due to the build up of huge backlogs, there are still some recipients of the above who have not been transferred to ESA.

DWP did state that SDA recipients would be transferred over last, and most of the the members that have been transferred to ESA recently have been SDA recipients.

Have a read through the following FAQ's : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

So for "New" claimants SDA, IS due to incapacity for work and IB no longer exists, they are defunct and the only people that will still be in receipt of them will eventually be transferred over to ESA..

The text that has been sent is probably a generic one, e.g. they are "lumping" IB, IS and SDA under the IB "Banner" !

The text means nothing in itself other than what is states, and is just an update. It may also be an indication that there are delays due to the workload, so there was no need to send a letter.

As Gordon has already advised, your Son will receive the final decision in writing by letter.

bro58

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150700 by
Replied by on topic mandatory reassessment

wendy wrote: Hi,I have just recently posted a query about a text my son got today saying we are reviewing your case and will make a decision by 16 feb 2016.And forgive me for posting it again as a new query but if anyone looked at my previous posts it would just be under MR headline and therefore I might not get any info from other people who have had texts as I have not come across texts to claimants before.Anyway I hope this is ok.

Hi W,

I have answered your query above !!

Texts are being used by The DWP for "updates" more and more.

As clarified to you previously, anything important such as a decision must be sent to you in writing by letter !

As previously advised, please keep all your ESA related queries to this topic !

Mods read nearly all and every post made by members, we have to read them before we approve them, and personally I have been doing so for 5 years.

We are therefore aware of all ongoing trends regarding DWP/ATOS/Maximus/Capita with regards to ESA and PIP.

Of course members are most welcome to provide any "meaningful" feedback ! :)

If you wish to stipulate that you only receive responses from members, that is fine, you are most welcome to request this in your post. Mods will then simply approve your post without responding, but the odds are that your post will slip down the forum off the front page unanswered, as this is not really a "chat forum" ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150710 by wendy2
ok understood.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 2 months ago #150721 by wendy2
I understand this is not a chat forum.I would have no interest in such a forum.And only sent the email suggesting my query be put under another heading because the initial response to my first question today was along the lines of what a strange text.And that response was based I think because it contained IB in it .The IB part was of no importance to me and I stated that in my next email.I was only interested in the fact that my son has received a text and although you say you are up to date and know all maximus etc. do to contact people - I do not know this and had never heard of text messages being used and was looking for some guidance as to what it might mean.And yes you have said there will be a letter.But I would hope you can understand that when something unexpected happens such as this text that I would turn to your website for advice.This is why we subscribe to your website - it is too serious a subject to leave to chat forums.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.