× Members

mandatory reassessment

More
8 years 1 month ago #154074 by wendy2
Replied by wendy2 on topic mandatory reassessment
Oh thank you bro58 . I may not be as stupid as I thought ! ! And an extra thank you for your info the other night - Monday I think _ I had been talking to Gordon and did not realise that the lasr email came from you about fit notes and jsa/esa ping pong and your click through to an earlier email to someone else was very good very helpful so a belated thank you for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155011 by wendy2
Is it worth contacting your local M.P. for help with ESA appeal . I saw my local M.P. s case worker today but it was about a possible data protection problem arising from taped assessment but I was surprised that she was willing to take details about my son s case and I rather brushed that off and concentrated on the problem with the tape because I had assumed they could not really do anything but am now thinking should I have taken the opportunity to go into more detail about my son case. He has been turned down MR and welfare rights worker just sent off appeal form.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155029 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reassessment

wendy wrote: Is it worth contacting your local M.P. for help with ESA appeal . I saw my local M.P. s case worker today but it was about a possible data protection problem arising from taped assessment but I was surprised that she was willing to take details about my son s case and I rather brushed that off and concentrated on the problem with the tape because I had assumed they could not really do anything but am now thinking should I have taken the opportunity to go into more detail about my son case. He has been turned down MR and welfare rights worker just sent off appeal form.

I would be very surprised if your MP could don anything, a Tribunal is convened as a court of law and MP's cannot interfere in a legal process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155030 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic mandatory reassessment
An MP can certainly help get things moving or put in a word if ATOS/Capita/Maximus are reluctant to offer home assessments, for instance. However, they should not be able to influence the actual decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155719 by wendy2
Thank you both for replies.i did know they could not affect legalities.. Probably stupid question on my part guess iIwas just thinking of any time or situation where an M.P.. could be of help.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160408 by wendy2
i cannot remember if this is right way to post a message.Been few weeks and my memory obviously going!Hope this ok.My son going through appeal to tribunal to be held on 5 july regarding ESA.He was previously on SDA from 16 till after face to face assessment turned down at age 42 earlier this year.He has had his benefit stopped as of today well at least he was due a payment today but did not receive it and they say he has to fill in an ESA50 questionnaire even though due to attend tribunal on 5 July after filling in ESA50 and having face to face assessment in January and going through MR etc and I cannot understand it and the advisor we have who works for housing association where he lives cannot understand it and she said when she spoke to DWP they could not offer explanation.Simply that his claim for basic ESA had been closed and only way for him to get a payment was to fill in a new ESA50 questionnaire.I am just baffled and in shock and cannot fathom it.Any advice would be much appreciated.Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.