× Members

PIP Home Visit advice

More
8 years 6 months ago #144794 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP Home Visit advice
Hi

I have seen that Capita allow recordings with advance warning but not sure what Atos's position is. But there was a discussion on here once about covert recording. I know it wouldn't stand up in a civil court but plenty of people do undercover recording to prove illegal/criminal/fraudulent activity and I've had enough of hearing about people having complete lies written. In fact I had this myself pre-Atos.
I know you can't legally advise on this but I remember a thread in which you discussed the possibilities. If you could comment and/or direct me to the thread or article, I'd appreciate.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144801 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Home Visit advice
This is regularly touchd upon in the forum.

If you get caught making a covert recording the HCA can stop the assessment and report you for not complying with an assessment which can end your claim. You make such a recording entirely at your own risk.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147871 by Asbo
Hi

I just wondered if anybody gets PIP awarded on the form alone. I am waiting for an assessment - I have asked for a home visit and that was my second question. Can I change the date if not convenient? They did ask me for dates I couldn't do on the form but I only did up to Christmas but obviously other things come up. I had heard you can change once only.

Thanks in advance

More
8 years 4 months ago #147903 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Home Visit advice
Hi Asbo,

Yes, it is possible - although not usual - to be awarded PIP without a face2face assessment. The claimant is allowed to reschedule the appointment only once without risking the claim being closed. This would be appealable but there s no guarantee of success!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo, Tonkatol

More
8 years 4 months ago #147910 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Home Visit advice
I was refused PIP without an assessment, and I can tell you DWP were reminded in very strong terms of the fact in my MR letter.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152856 by Asbo
Hi
I've got a home visit due for my PIP next week and I'm worried about them making judgments about my computer at my desk. I need it for my online bills and shopping as well as social contact. I have physical and mental health problems. Any advice?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris