× Members

PIP Home Visit advice

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152869 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Home Visit advice

Asbo wrote: Hi
I've got a home visit due for my PIP next week and I'm worried about them making judgments about my computer at my desk. I need it for my online bills and shopping as well as social contact. I have physical and mental health problems. Any advice?
Thanks

Hi A,

I notice that you have posed several PIP related queries in different topics which I will merge into this one for continuity.

Please keep all future PIP related queries to this topic.

If you feel that they may make incorrect assumptions with regards to your P.C., you could clarify the situation to them.

Use of the P.C. may only be deleterious to your PIP assessment if your use of it was in direct contradiction to your stated limitations.

You can have the assessment carried out in any room that you wish and the Assessor should not need to see any other rooms, nor can they demand to do so !!

You can of course point them towards any aids/adaptations that you use, if you wish.

You can have someone else to accompany you whether it be in a Centre or in your home.

You can read what to expect from around Page 69of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

The following may help further :

An insight into how the PIP Assessor fills in The PA4 Medical Report : Here.

The latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015.

Good luck and please let us know how you got on !

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152870 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP Home Visit advice
Many thanks Bro.
I used your manuals to fill out the forms so will read over what I wrote again. Thanks for combining my questions. I will try and bookmark, though am on iPad at the mint and not as easy to bookmark.
Asbo

More
8 years 1 month ago #153213 by Asbo
Hi you state that 'You can have the assessment carried out in any room that you wish...' and I'm wondering what is the case if I am still in bed as very fatigued in the morning. Somebody told me that they could rearrange the interview if I can't attempt to complete the activities. I thought they couldn't make you do the activities if they cause you pain, fatigue, distress etc.
Many thans

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153224 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Home Visit advice

Asbo wrote: Hi you state that 'You can have the assessment carried out in any room that you wish...' and I'm wondering what is the case if I am still in bed as very fatigued in the morning. Somebody told me that they could rearrange the interview if I can't attempt to complete the activities. I thought they couldn't make you do the activities if they cause you pain, fatigue, distress etc.
Many thans

Hi A,

If you would normally be in bed due to your medical conditions, then so be it !!

They would have to carry out the assessment in your bedroom.

I don't know who the "Somebody" is who told you that they can rearrange if you're in bed, but ask them how they think assessments are carried out for people who are bed-bound ! :silly:

If carrying out any activity requested by The Assessor would cause you pain, discomfort, breathlessness, fatigue or risk, you can decline, whilst making it perfectly clear why, and that you are not simply refusing.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153296 by Asbo
Thank you Bro...yes I should have thought that about people being bedbound all the time..I guess because I made it clear I wasn't bedbound all of the time I was thinking they might try and push me but I will try and remember about the pain and fatigue. It is easy to forget what you need to remember but I am hoping to have someone with me :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.