× Members

PIP Home Visit advice

More
8 years 5 months ago #144794 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic PIP Home Visit advice
Hi

I have seen that Capita allow recordings with advance warning but not sure what Atos's position is. But there was a discussion on here once about covert recording. I know it wouldn't stand up in a civil court but plenty of people do undercover recording to prove illegal/criminal/fraudulent activity and I've had enough of hearing about people having complete lies written. In fact I had this myself pre-Atos.
I know you can't legally advise on this but I remember a thread in which you discussed the possibilities. If you could comment and/or direct me to the thread or article, I'd appreciate.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144801 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Home Visit advice
This is regularly touchd upon in the forum.

If you get caught making a covert recording the HCA can stop the assessment and report you for not complying with an assessment which can end your claim. You make such a recording entirely at your own risk.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147871 by Asbo
Hi

I just wondered if anybody gets PIP awarded on the form alone. I am waiting for an assessment - I have asked for a home visit and that was my second question. Can I change the date if not convenient? They did ask me for dates I couldn't do on the form but I only did up to Christmas but obviously other things come up. I had heard you can change once only.

Thanks in advance

More
8 years 3 months ago #147903 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Home Visit advice
Hi Asbo,

Yes, it is possible - although not usual - to be awarded PIP without a face2face assessment. The claimant is allowed to reschedule the appointment only once without risking the claim being closed. This would be appealable but there s no guarantee of success!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo, Tonkatol

More
8 years 3 months ago #147910 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP Home Visit advice
I was refused PIP without an assessment, and I can tell you DWP were reminded in very strong terms of the fact in my MR letter.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152856 by Asbo
Hi
I've got a home visit due for my PIP next week and I'm worried about them making judgments about my computer at my desk. I need it for my online bills and shopping as well as social contact. I have physical and mental health problems. Any advice?
Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.