× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 9 months ago #214567 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
Hi Shazier,
Thank you, I hadn't thought of that. I'll call the CAB tomorrow and see what they say. :) xx
I will need the extra time, I am struggling to even make a start, I'm not sure why, it feels like deliberately throwing myself against a wall and I can't do it. I think it would be easier to throw myself against a wall in fact!
I'm going to try and start now, but my vision fluctuates and I am having difficulty reading today, my vision is so blurred. I don't think I have a reader app to read the guides aloud for me. I normally use Firefox which has it built in to the browser, but it depends on the link, it can't read the guides.
How much notice do the DWP need? i.e. when should I call them and ask? They've already sent a text to nag me. It's due next week.
I heard today the latest figures are over 70% of appeals are overturned at tribunal. It's ridiculous we have to go through this, and at such expense to the national purse, for no reason. All this money could go to the NHS. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #214576 by RedRed
I finally started. I can't believe what it took to do even that much. The anxiety overwhelms you!
The guide is very good. It helped calm and reassure me as well as help understand what PIP is. It's absolutely mad. I can't believe the government created such a monster.
Anyway, I'm on page 17 of the guide and I feel I made a good start. I'm going to rest and take a break. I need to wait for my eyes to be less blurry anyway.
Thank you for being there. I don't feel so alone. :)

More
5 years 9 months ago #214578 by Shazier
Replied by Shazier on topic DLA transfer to PIP
Your welcome, I hope they can assist you. good luck with your claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 9 months ago #214617 by RedRed
I didn't do anything on it today, I didn't wake up. I'm amazed how much it takes out of you. What do I tell the DWP when I ask for more time? What do they accept?

More
5 years 9 months ago #214625 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP

RedRed wrote: I didn't do anything on it today, I didn't wake up. I'm amazed how much it takes out of you. What do I tell the DWP when I ask for more time? What do they accept?

Having your conditions impact on your being able to complete the form is more than enough reason to be given an extension.

Try and break the work into more manageable chunks, maybe write a sentence for each question and then go back and turn it into a paragraph and then multiple paras.

You can prepare your answers on your computer and then attach the pages to the PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 9 months ago #214629 by RedRed
That's a great idea. :) I didn't think to break it down to just a sentence then build from there. I'll do that.

Thank you, I'll ask for an extension. Is there a standard length of time they allow or do they throw it back on me and ask how much I think I'll need? (rest of the year! lol)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.