× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 9 months ago #215438 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP

RedRed wrote: By the way, it was a white envelope! :ohmy:
I was puzzled when I got it, then I just thought maybe it's about the medical for PIP. Huge shock when I opened it. Took me a few minutes to take it in.

The white envelope if because the ESA50 is sent to claimants by Maximus and not the DWP.

You need to try and put this in context, I really do understand the problems you are having but not dealing with these forms will only make matters worse for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #215489 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
Thank you. I thought I was dealing with the forms, just at a very slow pace. I haven't abused your time by asking endless questions or anything, I thought I was getting on with it with as little fuss as possible.

The panicking and distress is by the by, I see this forum as a safe place I can say this. Apologies if I have misunderstood.

I mentioned the white envelope as by the by as well, as I haven't seen it before, and I thought others might like to know.

More
5 years 9 months ago #215490 by Gordon
RedRed

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your posting or the questions you are asking :)

You just sounded overwhelmed now that you have received an ESA50 as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 9 months ago #215494 by RedRed
Oh, I am! I'm having kittens! I'm kind of numb, if that makes sense. Overwhelm.

I was thinking, focus on PIP for now, it's due next week.

Then think about ESA. Look at your guides, see what's changed. Look at what I wrote last time (I used your guides). Update it.

After I post PIP, I have just over 2 weeks to send ESA. There's no extension, as you advised, so that's all I can do.

I was wondering, if I call them and tell them I don't have the full 28 days to do ESA, will they allow me a little more time? Or could it be a good reason if it's late?

More
5 years 9 months ago #215507 by Gordon

RedRed wrote: I was wondering, if I call them and tell them I don't have the full 28 days to do ESA, will they allow me a little more time? Or could it be a good reason if it's late?

The ESA legislation allows no extension to the time to complete and return the form, even if the call centre staff give you the extra time you should ignore it unless you have it in writing, they do not have authority to do this.

It could be a reason for returning the form late but I cannot advise this, whilst your reasons may eventually be accepted, it could take months to resolve the issue and will most certainly place additional strain on you.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 9 months ago #215570 by RedRed
Finished my final draft. I have written 45 pages!
I will try to edit it down when I review it tomorrow and tidy it, but I don't want to take out information, I would rather they have it than not. Is it normal for people to write so much?

A more important question about evidence, I presume the DWP have everything from DLA, they told me they will transfer everything over. So what evidence should I send? What counts?

My mind has gone blank, I'm sure there's a link about evidence right infront of me I'm not seeing! Time to rest, pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks! :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.