× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

More
10 years 6 months ago #114456 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Gordon

I do not have a fax machine and last week I asked them to email it and they told me they could not. So as I said I think I have covered everything several times and would really like to know where all my brown envelopes have gone. Everything else the Tribunal Service have sent me has arrived ok right up to a copy of extra evidence which I sent just prior to hearing.

The job I lost due to ill health was as a Medical Secretary to a Consultant Psychiatrist and if I had been this incompetent I would have lost my job very quickly.

I am not really bothered about the letter I just want to know the decision so that I can deal with it :( .

Given the timescales it is possible that the DWP will have received their copy and it will have made it's way through their internal mail system, so that it is visible on the computer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #114547 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Gordon

Here I am again - still no letter - that makes 4 letters apparently saying the same thing swimming around between the Tribunal Service office in Birmingham and my home in Coventry :angry: .

However today is my ESA payment day so I always look on line to see if it has been paid in and I was wondering if I would even have a payment today. Well, here is the strange news - I have received my ESA but not at assessment rate or the rate you quoted me for the WRAG group Gordon - you quoted me £100. (cant remember the pence) per week but my fortnightly payment today was £220.10. I have also received today a lump sum of just over £1,000 which must be back pay.

I am absolutely gobsmacked that I have money in my bank and have still not been given a decision :laugh:

As Mrs H said yesterday, you couldn't make it up.

Your opinion would be appreciated Gordon or whoever is on line this afternoon!!
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

More
10 years 6 months ago #114551 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Judith

Give the DWP a call and ask which group you are in, if you have received an updated payment, as I suspect you have, then the DWP computer system must have been updated to reflect your new status.

It may also be worth you contacting the Royal Mail about the missing letters, they may be able to track them down, especially if they have made it to your local sorting office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #114552 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
left and right hand comes to mind with little inbetween!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least with some money in the bank you can smile and have a good Xmas.

Perhaps write a letter to the dept concerned rather than phonecalls as they can all deny a phone call but a paper trail is more difficult to dispute as long as it is a recorded delivery.

10 years 6 months ago #114554 by
Replied by on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Gordon

Here I am again - still no letter - that makes 4 letters apparently saying the same thing swimming around between the Tribunal Service office in Birmingham and my home in Coventry :angry: .

However today is my ESA payment day so I always look on line to see if it has been paid in and I was wondering if I would even have a payment today. Well, here is the strange news - I have received my ESA but not at assessment rate or the rate you quoted me for the WRAG group Gordon - you quoted me £100. (cant remember the pence) per week but my fortnightly payment today was £220.10. I have also received today a lump sum of just over £1,000 which must be back pay.

I am absolutely gobsmacked that I have money in my bank and have still not been given a decision :laugh:

As Mrs H said yesterday, you couldn't make it up.

Your opinion would be appreciated Gordon or whoever is on line this afternoon!!

Hi J,

It looks very much that,even though your decision notices have gone astray, that the DWP have received their copy. :)

The only way to confirm this would be to contact The DWP, but it is looking very positive.

You are of course still entitled to a copy of the decision notice from the TS.

This is a legal right, in case you wished to request a written statement of reasons in going down the road to an appeal to The UTT.

If it is confirmed by The DWP that they have received the TS decision notice, and they have actioned it.

Depending on whether you are happy with The TS decision, (WRAG) which I seem to remember that you are, it will then be down to you whether you wish to press the TS further for a copy of the decision notice, which you are entitled to.

bro58

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #114564 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Gordon

Just spoken to JobCentre - I am in WRAG for 2 years - haha - I will be on retirement pension in 9 months!! They have sent me a letter to tell me that I won so should get that soon unless it gets attached to the 4 other letters from the Tribunal Service :laugh: Interestingly the girl I spoke to said I would have been put into WRAG because they thought I could get back to work - what planet are these people on.

Now I know the facts I will start my complaint to the Tribunal Service not that it matters for me anymore but they should be running a much more efficient admin department so I will complain hoping others will not be affected.

WE CAN AT LAST CELEBRATE - and maybe this very long thread will now go into the archives.

The mods and other members have encouraged me to keep going but it has been extremely hard and I still will not have any money from April 2014 until my retirement pension in September 2014.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.