× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #114100 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi everyone

Well, still no letter but was getting so terribly depressed yesterday that I telephoned the Tribunal Service again and this time the chocolate teapot did not answer me, in fact I had a very helpful lady' She told me that a letter had been sent out on 20th (day of appeal) so she would send me another one and .......wait now......don't get too excited.....but .....she said I had WON :cheer: I am still a little tentative about celebrating without it in writing.

I have been put in WRAG which really was all I could expect from 0 points so this means I will receive money now until 13th April 2014 then no money at all until 6th September 2014 when I will receive my retirement pension.

Mods - Do you know how much the benefit is in WRAG? Thank you to you all for staying with me on this - it has indeed been an extremely stressful business and now I can grieve and bury my sweet sweet foster daughter George in peace :(
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #114101 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi Judith

The Tribunal Service are usually pretty good with letters so I will say congratulations.

The current WRAG rate is £71.70 + £28.45 = £100.15 per week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #114102 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi J,

I am so pleased to hear of your success !!!

You can now make yourself a cup of tea to celebrate !!

Make sure you don't use a "Chocolate Teapot" though !!! :laugh:

bro58

More
10 years 6 months ago #114104 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi Judith,

It sounds as if your ESA award is now sorted. I do hope that you are now able to spend time with your family as your grieve for George.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

More
10 years 6 months ago #114167 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi Judith, pleased to read your appeal was successful. Well done for sticking with it in such difficult circumstances.Best wishes

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #114188 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Think we might have been premature and I have been in one total state of anxiety, diabetes all over the place etc.
Still no letter today so rang them again. This time I am told there is nothing on your notes to say that you phoned on Monday and Tuesday and then told me that they are not allowed to tell me the decision so effectively they were calling me a liar. I was so angry I asked to complain and was put through to a team leader who wasn't any more help. I said that the way they are treating us is absolutely disgusting - it was now 8 days since my appeal and I did not have a decision, let alone a letter :angry:
They said they would send me another letter out - again - God knows if I will ever find out.

Has anyone else experienced being told over the phone? I am beginning to think I imagined it now. The tribunal service suggested I rang DWP as they would have been informed of the decision and I knew from reading on here that DWP are always behind but I did ring them. The lady I spoke to there was gobsmacked that I did not have a decision yet.

This system is dreadful - no-one can tell me over the phone so how am I ever going to find out.

So much for me being able to relax a little as we deal with George's funeral - I am hoping to say a few words and with all this rubbish continuing I can hardly think.

I don't imagine any of you can add anything but if there is something I have missed please tell me.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.