× Members

Recieved medical report

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149518 by T
Recieved medical report was created by T
Hi I have just returned from my first esa assessment today which was a horrible experience,I was shakening constantly throughout it couldnt look at the women could barely get my words out,my mother was in there with me so she helped,I suffer from extreme anxiety and depression,I barely leave the house can't concentrate on things and constantly worry about everything,she asked me different questions about my day to day life medication am on 3 different types of melds)and some questions about change(which I answered I can not cope with) but what has got me worrying even more is that I couldn't really concentrate in the medical,she asked me about my behaviour on a day to day basis,I said that I shout at my mother and upset her,then she said so you don't shout at people in the street so I said no cause I rarely go out,(if I went out I probably would have a go at someone in the street) but I didn't say that,the thing is I can't remember if I just wrote I upset my mother or upset other people Daily on the esa50 form I filled out,so I'm in an absolute mess right now worrying that they there's contradictions from the medical and the form could somebody please advise me or even put my mind at rest?? On a better note she did tell me to take my time and not to worry to much but I suppose they all say that
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149534 by
Replied by on topic Recieved medical report

Thomas wrote: Hi I have just returned from my first esa assessment today which was a horrible experience,I was shakening constantly throughout it couldnt look at the women could barely get my words out,my mother was in there with me so she helped,I suffer from extreme anxiety and depression,I barely leave the house can't concentrate on things and constantly worry about everything,she asked me different questions about my day to day life medication am on 3 different types of melds)and some questions about change(which I answered I can not cope with) but what has got me worrying even more is that I couldn't really concentrate in the medical,she asked me about my behaviour on a day to day basis,I said that I shout at my mother and upset her,then she said so you don't shout at people in the street so I said no cause I rarely go out,(if I went out I probably would have a go at someone in the street) but I didn't say that,the thing is I can't remember if I just wrote I upset my mother or upset other people Daily on the esa50 form I filled out,so I'm in an absolute mess right now worrying that they there's contradictions from the medical and the form could somebody please advise me or even put my mind at rest?? On a better note she did tell me to take my time and not to worry to much but I suppose they all say that

Hi T,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It is hard to read anything into how you feel your face to face assessment went !

Some members have thought that the assessment went awfully, only to find that they received the correct ESA Award.

At least it is over and done with now ! :)

You can do little more until you hear from DWP informing you of their decision.

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

Once you have heard something, please return to let us know, and we will try to give further advice accordingly.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #149537 by T
Replied by T on topic Recieved medical report
Hi thankyou for your reply,the lady took my blood pressure which was high im 32 years old and my pulse rate was very fast,as I said I was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't really get my words out do they take this into consideration or do they just go buy the questions they ask sorry to be a pain

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149543 by

Thomas wrote: Hi thankyou for your reply,the lady took my blood pressure which was high im 32 years old and my pulse rate was very fast,as I said I was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't really get my words out do they take this into consideration or do they just go buy the questions they ask sorry to be a pain

Hi T,

The Assessor would have entered your responses into their P.C. which uses a software programme to generate the questions.

The Assessor should also observe your behaviour and general demeanour and make comments regarding that.

They should also take into account The ESA50 Questionnaire and any other medical evidence that you provided.

They then make "recommendations" on which group of ESA (WRAG or SG) that they feel that you may qualify for in an ESA85 Medical Report.

The ESA85 is then sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM) who should take ALL the evidence that they have when making the final decision.

As I have said, try not to worry now, there is little more that you can do until you hear from The DWP :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150543 by T
Replied by T on topic Recieved medical report
Hi I'm really paranoid at the moment I suffer with severe anxiety and depression,I've had my letter from the esa this morning and have been put in the support group thank god,but today I was having a good day you could say and my friend asked me to help him move some rubbish so I got myself together and went to help,while we were collecting the rubbish from his friends house there was a car parked up with two guys watching us,now this is why I'm paranoid are they from the Dwp?its been the only good day I've had in a while,and now I'm in a severe state of anxiety,panicking that because I've had a good day and actually done something that they were watching me and are going to try and get at me in some way,please could someone give me some advice as I'm going out of my mind and really am feeling that I don't want to leave the house again if someone is watching me
Thanks in advance for any replies

8 years 2 months ago #150559 by

Thomas wrote: Hi I'm really paranoid at the moment I suffer with severe anxiety and depression,I've had my letter from the esa this morning and have been put in the support group thank god,but today I was having a good day you could say and my friend asked me to help him move some rubbish so I got myself together and went to help,while we were collecting the rubbish from his friends house there was a car parked up with two guys watching us,now this is why I'm paranoid are they from the Dwp?its been the only good day I've had in a while,and now I'm in a severe state of anxiety,panicking that because I've had a good day and actually done something that they were watching me and are going to try and get at me in some way,please could someone give me some advice as I'm going out of my mind and really am feeling that I don't want to leave the house again if someone is watching me
Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi T,

Congratulations on being placed into The SG !!! :cheer:

DWP only carry out surveillance of claimants where they have very good reason to believe that some sort of benefit fraud is taking place.

This is only done in a small majority of cases, and the surveillance would need to be carried out for some time.

So the odds are that it was pure coincidence and nothing to do with DWP.

Now that you have your SG Award letter you may find : This Post helpful !

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.