× Members

Recieved medical report

More
8 years 2 months ago #150738 by T
Replied by T on topic Recieved medical report
Sorry for this extra message but it said on my decision letter that I can do voluntary work if I want,so surely this means I can actually Leave the house without breaking any rules,I know I'm paranoid it's my illness and I don't want to break any rules regarding my claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150741 by T
Right I know I'm a right pain in the backside but I've ring the dwp and asked them for my ess85,they also told me I'm in the support group for 18 months,I'm just worried now that by calling them they will re access me? Will they do this? Have they ever done this or am I panicking to much?
Once again sorry bro58 I know I'm a pain just need to put my mind at rest about the questions I've asked
Thankyou in advance I will try not to post anymore

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150746 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Recieved medical report
Hi T,

I will try to answer your last 3 posts with the one response below ! :)

I know that it may be easier said than done, and your anxiety may be down to your medical conditions, but you have done "the hard bit" by getting into The SG.

It is not easy gaining access to The SG, so they must feel that you qualify !

Calling ESA will not initiate another assessment !

The people that you speak to on the phone are only Call Responders, just like in any other Call Centre.

They do not have the executive power to instigate a reassessment of you SG Award !! :)

Many, many, many ESA claimants including our members request and receive copy of their ESA85 or ESA85A, so you will not be one of a few doing so !

If you get a copy of your ESA85, let us know here and we will try to clarify "why" you were placed into The SG.

Yes, it is standard to inform the claimant that they can do Voluntary Work in The SG Decision Notice letter, an ESA recipient can also do Permitted Work as long as they inform DWP and have permission to do so.

A problem would only arise with Voluntary or Permitted Work if the actions and duties involved in the "Work" were contradictory to the limitations that placed you into The SG, and at your next re-assessment The Assessor would be aware that you were doing Voluntary/Permitted Work and would take that into account.

An obvious example of how doing Voluntary/Permitted Work may put your ESA SG Award at risk would be someone who was placed into The SG under Activity 1. Mobilising, but did some work that involved a lot of walking.

See :

Permitted Work

"Permitted work. A guide to doing permitted work whilst claiming ESA or incapacity benefit" 4th link down ; This Page

Work for people living with disability or health conditions.

Again leaving your house would only be a problem if by doing so, it contradicted the reasons why you were in The SG.

You are not a "Prisoner of The DWP " !!! :) :)

As previously advised, if all this is getting on top of you, have a word with your G.P. /CPN !

Try not to worry !!!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150748 by T
Thanks bro8 you've been amazing! I really appreciate all the support you've given me the thing is I rarely leave the house which I said in the wca,but want to try and start doing so as I said by going to the gym,but just frightened now incase this is gonna contradict my reasons for being in the sg,all this is getting in top of me I don't even want to go down the shop now just incase I'm being watched or something
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150811 by Rh
Replied by Rh on topic Recieved medical report
I phoned DWP and asked for a copy of esa85a as got in support group and there hasn't been any problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, T

More
8 years 2 months ago #150909 by T

Rh wrote: I phoned DWP and asked for a copy of esa85a as got in support group and there hasn't been any problems.

How long did it take to arrive rh?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.