× Members

Recieved medical report

More
8 years 2 months ago #150626 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Recieved medical report
Hi there I also am in SG due to mental health and I understand how it can make you feel. You may be in the support group due to risk of work related activity causing your MH to worsen, this would be the same as me and i hear the most usual group people are put into for the SG.

If it helps any, I included my care plan with my application and it says things like swimming on it and I made it clear I try to be active to help my condition.

I would try not to worry, as it won't help your MH.

Kind thoughts
The following user(s) said Thank You: T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150707 by T
Replied by T on topic Recieved medical report
Thank you all for your kind messages and support,do you think I should phone the Dwp and tell them I'm thinking of going to the gym?how would I find out if I was put into the SG GROUP due to risk of work related activity causing my mental health to worsen?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150713 by
Replied by on topic Recieved medical report
Hi T,

You would only have to let DWP ESA know that you were going to the Gym, if doing so was in direct contradiction to the limitations that placed you into The SG.

As it seems that you are not aware "why" you were placed into The SG, that may be a difficult decision to make.

You could request ESA Documentation that may well make you aware of the reasons why you were placed into The SG.

See : This Post.

You can either gain access to The SG by qualifying under any one of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Descriptors

Or, if you cannot qualify via one of those, you can also qualify under : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

In particular it would be ESA Reg 35 (2) (a) & (b) where there would be a substantial risk to your mental or physical health or that of another person if you were not placed into The SG !

"(2) A claimant who does not have limited capability for work-related activity as determined in accordance with regulation 34(1) is to be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity if—

(a)the claimant suffers from some specific disease or bodily or mental disablement; and

(b)by reasons of such disease or disablement, there would be a substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if the claimant were found not to have limited capability for work-related activity."

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150715 by T
Can I ring them and ask them? I've tried to download that sar form and it doesn't work,is that form to be emailed?

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150719 by
Replied by on topic Recieved medical report

Thomas wrote: Can I ring them and ask them? I've tried to download that sar form and it doesn't work,is that form to be emailed?

Hi T,

Yes, you can ring ESA to request copy of The ESA85 Medical Report if you had a face to face assessment or an ESA85A if you didn't have a face to face.

You might be able to get a copy of it with a verbal request over the phone.

The ESA85 or ESA85A should give the reasons why you were placed into The SG.

The other documents would probably require a written request.

Try the SAR download link from : This Page.

They definitely work for me, as does the link in the other post of mine that I gave you the link for.

You can't e-mail the SAR form, you download it to your P.C. then you can print it off, fill it in, and post it, as I advise in my other linked post.

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150737 by T
I've been up all night worrying about this whole situation,I'm making myself ill thinking about this I don't think I'm going to request a copy of the esa85 as I've read that they relooked into someone's claim by doing this???and I can't go through that again so soon,I'm just going to try and get on with my life try and get better and do what I need to do to get there

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.