× Members

Recieved medical report

More
8 years 2 months ago #151162 by T
Replied by T on topic Recieved medical report

bro58 wrote:

T wrote:

bro58 wrote:

T wrote: Bro58 can you make any sense of it?

I'm just reading it now T !!! :)

bro58

Thanks bro58 appreciate it

Hi T, I will respond shortly if Gordon doesn't even if it is after 3.30PM !!

It has been a busy session today !! :)

bro58

Ok thanks bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151163 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recieved medical report
Hi T

The first thing to say is that this is the assessors recommendations, the Decision Maker may have marked you differently.

You can figure out what you have scored by looking at the three figure code used, the first two letter indicate the activity and the third is the specific Descriptor/

So based on what you have posted.

CCc is for Coping with Changes (CC) and (c) is for

"Cannot cope with minor unplanned change (such as the timing of an appointment on the day it is due to occur), to the extent that overall, day to day life is made significantly more difficult"

which scores 6 points

GAc would score 6 points

For Activity 16 the code is for (b) and 9 points.

For activity 17 they are saying that no descriptor applies.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151169 by T

Gordon wrote: Hi T

The first thing to say is that this is the assessors recommendations, the Decision Maker may have marked you differently.

You can figure out what you have scored by looking at the three figure code used, the first two letter indicate the activity and the third is the specific Descriptor/

So based on what you have posted.

CCc is for Coping with Changes (CC) and (c) is for

"Cannot cope with minor unplanned change (such as the timing of an appointment on the day it is due to occur), to the extent that overall, day to day life is made significantly more difficult"

which scores 6 points

GAc would score 6 points

For Activity 16 the code is for (b) and 9 points.

For activity 17 they are saying that no descriptor applies.

Gordon

So I scored 21 points in total then and that was enough to put me in Sg?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recieved medical report

T wrote: So I scored 21 points in total then and that was enough to put me in Sg?

No, because the SG is not points based, my best guess is that the Decision Maker marked you higher on one of the Descriptors than the assessor, probably Activity 16 and this is why you were placed in the SG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151177 by T
Ok thanks Gordon,so am allowed to even try and leave the house to try and get better,felt like a prisoner before all this now I'm feeling worse,I mean how can I get better without trying to go out more?im afraid now that because of that descriptor I will be doing wrong by leaving the house

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151184 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Recieved medical report

T wrote: Ok thanks Gordon,so am allowed to even try and leave the house to try and get better,felt like a prisoner before all this now I'm feeling worse,I mean how can I get better without trying to go out more?im afraid now that because of that descriptor I will be doing wrong by leaving the house

Hi T,

Yes, it looks like Gordon may be correct as it is not that clear from your ESA85 !

If The ESA DM has awarded you the maximum 15 points for :

Activity "16. Coping with social engagement due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder"

Under Descriptor "16(a) Engagement in social contact is always precluded due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the claimant."

of The Functional WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Activities/Descriptors

That also corresponds to :

Activity "13. Coping with social engagement, due to cognitive impairment or mental disorder."

Under Descriptor "13 Engagement in social contact is always precluded due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the claimant."

of The Functional Support Group (SG) (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Activities/Descriptors

So that would place you into The SG !!

As I have previously advised, you should have a talk to your G.P. /CPN or other treating HCP.

It cannot totally preclude you from leaving your home, can it, otherwise you wouldn't have been awarded that Descriptor, as you left home to attend your face to face !!

I am afraid that there is not really much more that we can advise regarding this !! :)

As you will see I have merged your topics.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.