× Members

DWP Unfair decision - sudden closure of ESA - change of address

More
8 years 1 week ago #160647 by Gordon
Zoe

You are doing all of the right things so I can understand how frustrating it is that you are not getting any further in resolving your problems.

I've found the following which may offer an alternative route to your MP

You can telephone any MP’s Westminster office through the Parliament switchboard on 020 7219 3000. If an MP has an office in their constituency, you should be able to find the telephone number in the local phone directory under “Members of Parliament”.

Not all MPs have published email addresses, but you can send messages to most MPs through a form using the list at: www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm
This list also provides links to MPs’ websites.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #160648 by zoewawa
I am in tears again, Gordon... not because of sadness. Thank you for being so understanding and patient with me. Your kindness and encouragment is the only thing that has kept me going. I will keep trying. Thank you!

Zoe xxxx <3 <3

More
8 years 1 day ago #160943 by zoewawa
Hi,

I think I have been banging against a brick wall since the start. I will not go anywhere whatever I try. I just realised that I need a legal representative.

I have written 3 letters to JC+ and DWP asking for a written explanation for the MR decision, and asked the MR notice to be sent to me. I also wrote a complaint letter to DWP following your advice. I have not received anything so far! ... Nothing in writing! ... Not even a word! .... Can anyone believe this?!! - It has been almost 3 months now since I submitted the MR request!!! ... arghhhhhh!!!!!

I called JC+ yesterday. I waited for over 40 minutes before someone answered my called. And I was just 2 minutes into telling her my query, my call was cut off. ... OMG!!! I almost jumped off the building of my flat after it. ... healthy people would have been made insane let alone people have mental conditions to start with. 3 months long of mental torment and struggle has made me feel I have nothing left. I don't know how to carry on.

I cannot carry on doing this. I finally come to realised that I need someone to represent me. I just read some writings on this site about legal representatives for appeal. I know I cannot apply for appeal yet. I am just wondering if there is any legal process I can use to force DWP do something about my case in stead of ignoring me completely. (ps. I am still waiting for my MP's response. BTW is this normal? It was about more than 2 weeks ago I wrote to my MP)

More
8 years 1 day ago #160944 by zoewawa
Where can I find a legal representative? How much will it cost?

I know that I am qualify for legal aid because I won a employment tribunal 5 years ago with the help of the legal aid. However, at this stage of my situation, I don't know if I can start any legal process against DWP at all ... or they are be able to waste my time and force me into a dead end.

Please help me, thank you so much!!!

More
8 years 1 day ago #160945 by Gordon
Zoe

The primary issue is that there is no defined timescale for an MR to be completed within, I would certainly agree that 3 months is an unreasonable period but it has no legal standing.

On top of this, you have not had a chance yet to complete the DWP complaints process so you cannot easily argue that you have explored all other avenues.

In principle it is possible for the Tribunal Service to ignore the requirement for an MR to be completed, but I do not know of anybody who has actually attempted this. let alone been successful.

Trying to be more practical, your MP should be in their constituency office on Fridays, you can visit them there or at the very least phone for an update, the address and phone numbers should be available if you search for their name.

If you want to find an advocate who may be able to communicate with the DWP directly rather than having to go through the call centre then do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county, in addition to the CAB most councils still have a welfare department who may be able to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 day ago #160946 by Gordon

zoe wrote: Where can I find a legal representative? How much will it cost?

I know that I am qualify for legal aid because I won a employment tribunal 5 years ago with the help of the legal aid. However, at this stage of my situation, I don't know if I can start any legal process against DWP at all ... or they are be able to waste my time and force me into a dead end.

Please help me, thank you so much!!!

I'm afraid Legal Aid for First Tier Tribunal and MRs was withdrawn several years ago.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.