× Members

DWP Unfair decision - sudden closure of ESA - change of address

More
8 years 1 week ago #160277 by zoewawa
I have just googled you, Gordon!

www.google.co.uk/search?q=gordon&biw=128...DsAKHThkBcAQ_AUICCgD

Which one is you? :laugh: .... Actually, I don't even care what you look like ... ... Please marry me! ... I am so madly in love with you! ... if you already have a girlfriend or a wife, can I just be your slave ... :blush: :P :laugh:

Forgive me ... and thank you for allowing me to be the crazy clown of the forum ... :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #160367 by zoewawa
Hi, Gordon,

I hope you had a great weekend. I have a further more questions regarding my MR appeal.

The first time I was told about the DM's decision not to re-open my ESA was on 27th May (more than a week ago.) Although I have asked them to send me the MR notice many times, I still have not received anything in written from DWP. My questions are:

1: Is there a time limit for the MR notice to be issued since the decision was made?

2: Will I be automatically paid the assessment rate of ESA as soon as my appeal is lodged or I have to apply for the payment?

3: How long does it normally take for them to decide whether to accept my appeal?

Thank you again, Gorgon!!

More
8 years 1 week ago #160369 by zoewawa

zoe wrote: The letter I got (the only one ever since my move) on 21/03/16 says:

A CHANGE IN THE EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE RATE PAYABLE
" We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.
We have worked out how much your Employment and Support Allowance is. It is £0.00 per week and it's due from 17 March 2013."
We cannot pay you an allowance from 26 January 2016. This is because:
you have not given us the information we asked for.
....."

Does this letter make sense to you at all, Gordon? Is it normal? It didn't actually say my ESA was closed, and when. Do you understand the " 17 March 2013" bit? Is it just me - is it just a DWP standard letter that require special intelligence to understand? Or it's a result of their f***up?

More
8 years 1 week ago #160401 by Gordon

zoe wrote: Hi, Gordon,

I hope you had a great weekend. I have a further more questions regarding my MR appeal.

The first time I was told about the DM's decision not to re-open my ESA was on 27th May (more than a week ago.) Although I have asked them to send me the MR notice many times, I still have not received anything in written from DWP. My questions are:

1: Is there a time limit for the MR notice to be issued since the decision was made?

2: Will I be automatically paid the assessment rate of ESA as soon as my appeal is lodged or I have to apply for the payment?

3: How long does it normally take for them to decide whether to accept my appeal?

Thank you again, Gorgon!!

1. The MR Notice should have been sent with the Decision Letter for your MR, so no time limit should be required. Call the DWP and ask for a call back from a manager to explain why the MR Notice has not been issued.

2. You need to contact the DWP once the appeal has been lodged and they have received notification of this, a couple of days after you receive confirmation.

3. Only a couple of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

More
8 years 1 week ago #160403 by Gordon

zoe wrote: Does this letter make sense to you at all, Gordon? Is it normal? It didn't actually say my ESA was closed, and when. Do you understand the " 17 March 2013" bit? Is it just me - is it just a DWP standard letter that require special intelligence to understand? Or it's a result of their f***up?

It's a DWP letter they are not designed to make sense :)

It could be a typo, it could be a reference to when you started your claim, it could be because it was required field to print the letter and they did not know what else to put in!

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

More
8 years 1 week ago #160460 by zoewawa
Thank you so much, Gorgon, The Perfect Man! <3 <3 <3

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.