× Members

DWP Unfair decision - sudden closure of ESA - change of address

More
8 years 1 week ago #160172 by zoewawa

Gordon wrote: Zoe

You can also still make a backdated claim to early March!

Gordon

yes ... yes ... Gordon! .... I will!! ... (and sorry again :blush: :P :laugh: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #160257 by zoewawa
Hi, Gorgon,

I had a callback today from DWP. I was astonished to find that there was no written MR notice issued so far. Again, the DWP officer asked me to make a new claim but refused to discuss the fact that my ESA was closed without proper procedure. When I talked about the fact that they did not try to notify me before closing my ESA, she simply said, with a dismissive tone, “ You have to put this in writing”, as if all my writing in the MR request and the letter of complaint did not exist.

Throughout entire conversation the DWP officer was dismissive, sneering and condescending. It had become obvious to me that they have ignored everything I have written to them so far. They have expected me to make a new claim and expected me to give up on taking my case further.
This is so wrong. No word can fully express my disgust and anger. I mentioned here before about seeing other similar cases. I meant to say that DWP closed people’s benefit without giving notice beforehand. It seems they often close claims in this manners, and then pressurise people to make new claims.

Why should I let them bully me? I would rather stave to death but I won’t let them get away with their malpractice. If my sacrifice could stop them doing the same thing to the sick and vulnerable in such careless manner, I have no hesitation in giving myself away. I have not wanted to live for a long time anyway. I really cannot see why death is such a terrible thing if living is endless suffering.

Gordon, I am really sorry that I have wasted you so much time and energy. I just wanted to say how much I admire you and appreciate your help. Although I don’t know you in person, I am sure you are a remarkably kind, warm and compassionate person. And I admire your clear and logical mind.

With a wonderful big heart and a logical cool mind, you are a perfect man. Your beautiful qualities have made a lasting imprint in my heart.

Thank you so much, Gorden!! xxxx <3 <3

More
8 years 1 week ago #160264 by Gordon
Zoe

Forgive me but in the nicest way you are procrastinating, you know what you have to do, make a new claim for ESA and send in your MR request.

The DWP can't talk to you about what has happened previously, a Decision has been made and it would not be appropriate for them to discuss it with you, there is a legal process for you to challenge the Decision and you need to follow it.

You can make a new claim by phoning the ESA Claim line on Monday (0800 055 6688), it's best if you phone early, or you can download and complete the ESA1 form and then send it in.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...19631/esa1-print.pdf

Neither should take you more than about an hour.

You can right your MR request over the weekend and post it on Monday.

Have you sorted out your Fit Notes yet?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

More
8 years 1 week ago #160273 by zoewawa
OMG... Gordon .... thank you so much for your encouragement ... you made me cry again ... (I love you!!!)

What did you mean when you urged me to write a MR. I did it long ago. I posted a Mandatory Reconsideration Request on 30/03/16 and it was received on 31/03/16. Since last friday they have told me twice on the phone that the DM decided not to re-open my ESA. I have asked them to send me a MR notice but found out today that they have not done it.

I thought I have to wait for the MR notice or I cannot lodge an appeal?

More
8 years 1 week ago #160274 by Gordon

zoe wrote: OMG... Gordon .... thank you so much for your encouragement ... you made me cry again ... (I love you!!!)

What did you mean when you urged me to write a MR. I did it long ago. I posted a Mandatory Reconsideration Request on 30/03/16 and it was received on 31/03/16. Since last friday they have told me twice on the phone that the DM decided not to re-open my ESA. I have asked them to send me a MR notice but found out today that they have not done it.

I thought I have to wait for the MR notice or I cannot lodge an appeal?

Sorry I'm dealing with a lot of posts at the moment and lost track of where you were with you claim,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #160275 by zoewawa
not a problem at all, Gordon!! ... You can do nothing wrong in my eyes .... :P

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.