× Members

DWP Unfair decision - sudden closure of ESA - change of address

More
8 years 1 day ago #160948 by zoewawa
Thank you again, Gordon. Your advice is very clear and helpful, as usual. I have endless admiration for your cool and logical mind. You have calmed me down so much - it's a great help for my state of mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #163450 by zoewawa
Hi ,

I am still fighting for my ESA case, but there is a new development.

My MP have written to DWP and recently got a reply. DWP told blatant lies IN WRITING to my MP. Luckily, I have concrete evidence against their lies.

I am not sure if you still remember details of my case. Allow me firstly brief you my case history:

DWP closed my ESA in January but did not try to contact me until March. Since March, I have sent 8 letters and made 16 calls. The letters I sent including MR request, Written Reasons request, MR notice request and formal complaints.

In the end of May, DWP called to inform me the DM’s decision not to reopen my ESA. Since then I asked for MR notice on the phone 3 times, and wrote 4 letters asking for Written Reasons and MR notice to be posted to me, but I have receive nothing so far. In Jun, my psychiatrist arranged an advocate for me. My advocate called DWP in June and asked them to post the MR notice to his office (locate at the hospital where I receive treatment) and they agreed to do so. Again, nothing has been sent. My advocate called again 2 weeks later only to be told there was no record of my MR request ever existed. And they completely denied ever agreed to providing MR notice. The incidence really annoyed and angered my advocate, so he filed an appeal request to the Tribunal Service on my behalf without the MR notice.

A week ago, I received a letter from the Tribunals Service. It says “As I have been unable to determine the validity of the appeal, I have referred your correspondence to a Tribunal Judge who will provide a decision or direction on this matter”. Does it mean that my appeal request has been lodged? If so, does it mean that I am now entitled to ESA payment? ( I have not made a new claim, and my ESA remains closed.)

Yesterday I received my MP’s letter. He forwarded me DWP’s reply written by a Complaint Resolution Manager on 01/07/16. She claimed that “following an extensive check of our records” there was no letter received from me prior to 16 May. My MR request was sent on 30/03/16, and a written reasons request was sent 2 days after. I have Proof of Delivery by Royal Mail for both posts and the tracking records are still available on Royal Mail’s online tracking system.

More
7 years 11 months ago #163452 by zoewawa
Sorry, last post was sent half way during my writing. I have a few questions. First of all, I would like to know if the letter I received from the Tribunals means that my appeal has been lodged, and if so, can I apply for the ESA payment while waiting for the appeal.

Second,

More
7 years 11 months ago #163453 by Gordon
Zoe

I'm afraid. at this time your appeal has not been accepted, the Judge will make a decision on whether to do so or not. It's likely that they will contact the DWP to see what requests for an MR you have made to them, if they maintain their stance that there has been no communication prior to 16 May, then it is possible that the Judge will reject your request.

Do you copies of the letters that you sent, the delivery receipts are important but the DWP may argue that all they show is that an envelope was received, not what the contents were. If you do then send copies of the letters with copies of the delivery receipts to the Tribunal Service, they should have given you a reference number to use in correspondence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

More
7 years 11 months ago #163463 by zoewawa
Thank you again, Gordon. Your advice is, as usual, very helpful... but you have pointed out the fact that my poof of posts may not mean anything if DWP wants to continue their tactics. It makes me feel hopeless and drained.

Originally I was to ask a few more questions, but I cried for hours instead.

I don't know if I can carry on ... or if I want to carry on at all.

I am so tired. so lost.

More
7 years 11 months ago #163482 by Gordon
Zoe

I notice that you still have not made a new claim for ESA?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.