× Members

DWP Unfair decision - sudden closure of ESA - change of address

More
8 years 1 week ago #160148 by zoewawa
If what the JC+ call agent told me was true that my ESA was closed on 27 January, they really have made the situation impossible for me either to appeal against the closure or to re-claim within 12 weeks.

I received the letter on 26/03/16 (the letter was issued on 21/03/16.) They claimed that they could not contact me. It's not true. I set up a royal mail redirection service, which cover the re-delivery of all my mail from the day I moved out for a year.

I feel so sick and angry. Why are they doing this to me? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #160154 by zoewawa
Yes, Gordon, I sent a fat envelop to my local MP a few days ago. I guest I will have to wait for at least a few weeks before I get any response ....

Now I just want to cry and cry ....

Are you single, Gordon? Can I marry you? :silly: .... (sorry for the bad joke ... just trying to have a laugh while waiting for the tears to dry up ... And, actually, the joke probably best represent how much i appreciate you right now ... You have given me kindness, guidance and help all the way since I was stuck in this messy situation. ... I love you Gordon! (please don't call the police. I won't stalk you :laugh: )

More
8 years 1 week ago #160164 by zoewawa
By the way, Gordon, I understand that you have done all you can to help me. And there is probably not much more advice you can give me at this stage. Just to let you know that I will understand if you have nothing further to say about my case, but I will keep you updated.

I love you! xxxxx ( :lol: )

Zoe

More
8 years 1 week ago #160165 by Gordon

zoe wrote: If what the JC+ call agent told me was true that my ESA was closed on 27 January, they really have made the situation impossible for me either to appeal against the closure or to re-claim within 12 weeks.

I received the letter on 26/03/16 (the letter was issued on 21/03/16.) They claimed that they could not contact me. It's not true. I set up a royal mail redirection service, which cover the re-delivery of all my mail from the day I moved out for a year.

You certainly can't link the claims but there is nothing stopping you requesting an MR and appeal if necessary, although we recommend that the request is made within one month you actually have 13 months to do so, but will now have to explain why the request was late, failing to be notified and receiving the wrong information on the status of your claim should be sufficient reason.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

More
8 years 1 week ago #160166 by Gordon
Zoe

You can also still make a backdated claim to early March!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zoewawa

More
8 years 1 week ago #160170 by zoewawa

Gordon wrote:

zoe wrote: If what the JC+ call agent told me was true that my ESA was closed on 27 January, they really have made the situation impossible for me either to appeal against the closure or to re-claim within 12 weeks.

You certainly can't link the claims but there is nothing stopping you requesting an MR and appeal if necessary, although we recommend that the request is made within one month you actually have 13 months to do so, but will now have to explain why the request was late, failing to be notified and receiving the wrong information on the status of your claim should be sufficient reason.

Gordon

OMG ... Gordon!! ... I cannot believe how kind and how patient you are with me. You have no idea how much you have moved me (seriously)!!.... The fact that I have not given up yet is all because of your help and guidance. Thank you so so much!! ...

I feel so in love right now ... I wanna kiss you!! :P :lol:

I will keep trying and keep you updated xxxxxx

Zoe

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.