× Members

PIP I have some news.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264389 by phrank
PIP I have some news. was created by phrank
Hi all,

I was so uptight and fed up of waiting for my PIP decision letter, today I finally plucked up the courage, as I wasn't on my own, to ring the helpline.

The call operative was very nice and after getting the data protection out of the way he confirmed a decision letter had been sent out on Friday.

Daily Living 11 points.

Mobility 22 points.

Recommended date for reassement the 8th of August 2031!

So it seems I have got there. I won't be fully satisfied until I've seen the letter, smelt it a few times, thrown it in the air once or twice to see if lands like a normal letter, and then read it about another 50 times.

I should have the letter by the end of the week,

I will not get too complacent, it only needs a shift in government policy, another election, some new DWP secretary- or even the one we have at present having a hissy fit, throwing her dummy out of the pram, and changing all the rules in an instant, to deny such as myself.

Anyway, I'm not quite celebrating yet as, to be honest, it just hasn't sunk in and won't for some time.

Thank you in advance to all the wonderful mods and members who picked me up and urged me on when all I could see was doom and gloom. Also thank you for the superb guides that I always swat up on when they are needed.

Rest assured, I will remain an active member on the forum and if I can ever be of any help to give courage and confidence to anyone (even if my benefit knowledge is a bit limited) I will be here all being well.

The kindest and most genuine regards to you all.

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy, Faith, Susie27, makinprogress, stefaniel2001, ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar, denby, Gaddy, debmarc, Waxwing and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264399 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi phrank,
Brilliant news! Well done the virtual champagne is on ice ready for when your letter comes. It has been a long struggle and I am pleased that everything finally has slotted into place.
Will miss your very entertaining posts!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264401 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi LL26,

Thank you for your reply and your much appreciated help and advice along the way. I'll let you know as soon as my letter arrives.

Will miss my posts? Why aren't you going to read them anymore?

Lol.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, LL26

More
2 years 5 months ago #264403 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic PIP I have some news.
Hello Phrank,
I am smiling as I write this and I am so happy for you but totally understand the holding back a little until the letter arrives- I was the same when told good news from someone on the PIP helpline. But there's no denying its looking good and that's down to you not giving in.
Fingers crossed- again- this time that the letter arrives by the end of the week confirming the good news.
All the best,
Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #264405 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic PIP I have some news.
Phrank top banana my man. It looks like an ongoing award, I remember you was close to retirement hence the 10 year point. Glad you got there in the end, a slight shame you only got the 11 points for the DL part.

Anyway enjoy your persistent victory. Pleased for you.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264408 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP I have some news.
Hi Gaddy,

Thank you for your reply. Its such a relief, I must admit. You'll know as soon as that letter hits my doormat - hopefully by Friday.

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.